Our client, an emerging Operator within the Oil & Gas Industry, has a requirement for an experienced Contracts Analyst with a focus on EPC Contract bids & tenders.
The role will be initially based in Houston, TX however may require visits to Project Sites both domestically and internationally.
The Contract Analyst will support the Project Manager Contracts & Procurement in administering and tracking EPC and other primary contracts. The Contracts Analyst will track, monitor contract changes, deliverables, notices, correspondence and help maintain associated documentation. In addition, the analyst will perform detailed analysis on all change orders and claims and will run financial and economic impacts as necessary. Participate in an open book process and provide support to the Contracts, Procurement and Project Controls team in an effort to achieve lump sum pricing for the EPC execution phase of multiple LNG projects.
- Analyze material, notices, deliverables, proposals, open book estimates and change orders to advise project staff on issues and help in determining negotiation strategy.
- Maintain tracking spreadsheets to monitor contracts, participate in efforts to conform cost plus work to lump sum EPC phase, and track subsequent change orders and notices.
- Coordinate with members of the project teams to gather information and draft responses to contractor questions, notices and RFIs.
- Create materials for project and other management reports (MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Excel)
- Interpret relevant data and information from a variety of industry, government and public sources.
- Collaborates with other members of JV, or appropriate Stakeholders, as needed, to engage knowledge experts with a particular product category. Engage them in contract strategy and analysis as appropriate.
- Use project tools to manage documentation relating to Project Contracts.
- Develops and integrates contract management tools, templates, methods and processes.
- Aids the Contracts Advisor and Sr. PM Contracts and Project Controls in preparation for meetings with contractors and management as required.
- Aids in updating the Project Risk Register as project risks impacts and occurrence probability changes
Experience / Education
- Ideally holds a Bachelors Degree
- Minimum of 3 x years project experience within the energy / oil & gas industry
- Ability to work with multiple parties and clients (internal and external)
- Ability to create effective presentation graphics, and images in various formats for various uses
- Ability to represent complex data relationships in simple, easy to visualize formats
- Strong research capabilities; specifically researching LNG and contract information on multiple data bases
- Ability to use technology to streamline tracking and contract management
- Position requires modest supervision
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office software, specifically demonstrate a high proficiency in Excel
- Must be able to know when to consult subject matter experts and go back to supervisor or client for more direction
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com
Ref No: BBBH30835