Our client, an emerging Operator within the Oil & Gas Industry, has a requirement for an experienced Senior Contracts Advisor with a focus on Downstream / LNG Projects.
The role will be initially based in Houston, TX however may require visits to Project Sites both domestically and internationally.
This role will be an integral part of the Snr Leadership Team and will be at the forefront of the development and execution of a Major Petro-Chemical facility.
The Snr Project Contracts Advisor is primarily responsible for assisting the Sr. Project Manager for Contracts and Project Controls in contracting for, and administering an Engineering Design and Services Agreement, and negotiating an EPC Agreement. The Snr Project Contract Advisor initiates, tracks and monitors the RFP process and contract development process, contract changes, deliverables, correspondence and risks, and maintains associated documentation.
- Understand and aid in the project teams' understanding of all contract requirements and coordinate with the project team to ensure compliance with all contracts throughout the life of the project. Responsible for informing the project team of the requirements of the contract and monitoring compliance. Works with the project team and/or business unit and Legal, ensuring that all legal and contractual matters are addressed efficiently and promptly and manages the OBE process to convert from a cost reimbursable phase to a Lump Sum phase.
- Responds to complex inquiries regarding contract obligations and revisions and prepares change order and amendment documents in conjunction with legal and the contracts manager. Aids the Sr. Project Manager, Contracts and Procurement in managing the ongoing life cycle of the agreement including any potential amendments to product/service price and/or terms and conditions, contract performance against commitments, and compliance to agreed terms.
- Aids in negotiating contract terms, pricing and payment schedules, ensuring that the agreements with vendors/suppliers are commercially advantageous. Prepares negotiation plan and prepares back up documentation prior to negotiations.
- Prepares reviews, drafts white papers and creates tools for analyzing and tracking of Contractor OBE process and claims.
- Prepares and initiates letters and responses to the EPC contractor regarding various aspects of the project and contract. Prepares notices and facilitates quick responses to EPC contractor's inquiries.
- Liaise between the risk and tax departments and contractors to develop and administer insurance and tax programs required for specific projects, regions, or financing needs.
- Develops and integrates contract management tools, templates, methods and processes. Using tools and templates, prepares and disseminates information regarding contract status, compliance, modifications, etc. Works with Project Analyst to develop and maintain the contract database and manage the contract document repository in SharePoint.
- Actively involved in regional and global contract management initiatives and aware of impacts to the project, including any weather threats to the region or job site, or governmental tariff risk and ensures proper documentation and management of the initiatives or events.
Experience / Education
- Recognized Bachelors Degree - Preferably in Business or English
- Minimum of 10 x years experience within the energy / oil & gas industry
- LNG and Commercial Legal experience a plus.
- Possess comprehensive knowledge of general corporate business practices, government and commercial contracting regulations and principles, subcontracting practices, and accounting and finance principles
- Clear understanding of contracting strategies, including Convertible Contracts (i.e. OBE to LSTK Agreements)
- Experience in Open Book Process is a plus
- Strong contracts negotiation skills
- Able to resolve contracts and pricing issues
- Detail oriented and adheres to deadlines
- Able to demonstrate excellent analytical and mathematical skills
- Certification a plus (i.e., CFCM, CCCM, CPCM, CPM)
- National Contract Management Association (NCMA) membership or International Association for Contract and Commercial Management (IACCM) preferred
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com
Ref No: BBBH30780