Petroplan is looking to hire a Supply Chain Specialist for a Major Oil and Gas Company here in Houston, TX.
This position is based in Houston, Texas and will be part of the Global Category Management Team, reporting to the Global Category Manager for Rigs. In this role you would be a key member of the team responsible for managing and coordinating global contracts and preferred supplier relationships for onshore and offshore drilling rigs, work-over rigs, and light well intervention vessels.
- Drive integrated value creation through heavy involvement in cross-functional category management teams.
- Develop comprehensive, cross asset solutions which underpin a sustainable competitive advantage
- Tailor category strategies which deliver the lowest, direct and indirect, lifecycle costs.
- Implement commercial solutions which increase the ability to be nimble and responsive in the marketplace.
- Partner and collaborate with key service suppliers to identify opportunities and extract maximum value out of relationships.
- establish a best-in-class category management foundation which will drive standardization, efficiencies, and informed decision making which will be achieved through:
- Market Intelligence (through the development and management of market intelligence materials).
- Sourcing (through the development of category strategies and sourcing templates).
- Supplier evaluations (through the development of an objective supplier evaluation mechanism).
- Contracting (through the development of Global Frame Agreements and Model Contracts).
- Supplier Relationship Management (through the development of performance scorecards & KPIs, use of analytical tools and collaborative platforms to drive value).
- Category Management in the E&P Drilling & Completions space
- Oil & Gas industry, to include Oil & Gas economics, security of supply risks, and supplier market.
- Category Management, to include strategy development, sourcing execution, and contracting.
- Supplier Development, to include supplier collaboration and continuous improvement.
- Leadership and cross-functional influencing skills.
- Support the management a comprehensive onshore and offshore portfolio of direct D&C category expenditure.
- Build strong internal networks amongst stakeholders (Asset Leads, Project Leads, D&C Managers, D&C Engineering Managers, Superintendents, and Supply Chain).
- Play a leadership role on cross-functional category teams focused on integrated value creation.
- Manage the 'end to end' sourcing process; market analysis, demand management, supplier qualification, procurement strategy development, negotiation, and contractor performance management for assigned projects.
- Deliver 'economic' category-level, enterprise-first focused solutions through deep understanding of both asset/project-level economics and category-level cost targets.
- Develop appropriate risk mitigation strategies to address security of supply risks during both falling & rising markets.
- Drive solutions for tomorrow's challenges through leveraged use of data analytics and increased supplier collaboration
- Maximize supplier performance through robust performance scorecards, KPIs, and supplier relationship management programs to develop sustainable competitive advantages.
- Provide company with updated onshore and offshore market intelligence and influence the development of company plans on the basis of this information.
- Review and amend category plans to account for regional factors including tax, legal, and local content considerations.
- Ensure compliance with legislative regulations and corporate policies and procedures (Sarbanes-Oxley, FCPA, etc).
- Proactively participate and provide leadership in support of Environmental, Health, Safety, and Social Responsibility initiatives.
- Collaborate with other Supply Chain representatives in order to maximize opportunities across D&C categories and assets.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university in Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, Accounting, or Engineering (or similar experience).
- 3-5 Years of category management / procurement experience required, with a minimum of 2 years drilling and completions experience preferred
- Thorough understanding of how rigs (completions) fit within the upstream value chain
- Ability to visualize industry trends and direction as a basis for formalizing category strategies.
- Demonstrated delivery through dynamic industry cycles
- Proven track record of category management/procurement delivery for a major contractor or operator.
- Gravitas and maturity to stand ground and maintain objectiveness on critical issues.
- Strong analytical skills, familiarity with should cost models, and ability to conceptualize and develop strategies which address business-related concepts.
- Ability to operate effectively in an environment with a level of ambiguity and changing priorities.
- Good verbal and written communication skills; ability to prepare and deliver compelling business presentations.
- Good organizational skills and ability to perform under pressure.
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa andAustralasiasupport projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com
Ref No: BBBH30738