The Senior Project / Mechanical Engineer is responsible for the specification, analysis, testing and integration of mechanical and electromechanical components used in liquefier systems. These components include pumps, blowers, fans, compressors, heat exchangers, sensors, switches, solenoids, motors, and motor controllers. This role requires close interaction with the systems, electrical, controls and packaging teams to ensure efforts are coordinated. The role requires close interaction with the supply chain, quality, manufacturing, and service teams to ensure designs meet cross functional requirements. The candidate must be self-motivated, able to handle multiple assignments and willing to learn and adapt in a fast-paced product engineering organization.
Core Duties and Responsibilities
- Mechanical equipment design & engineering for various equipment including;
* Pressure vessels
* Heat exchangers
* Rotating machinery (compressors, turboexpanders, pumps, etc.)
- FEED and detailed engineering stages, prepared specifications, datasheets and RFQ for mechanical equipment (skid packages) including pumps, compressors, cold boxes, vessels, tanks, etc.
- Create accurate, complete, and concise engineering documentation to define critical component specifications and requirements.
- Perform pipe stress analysis (static/dynamic).
- Prepared technical bid tabulations and performed technical bid evaluation, reviewed supplier quotations, and made recommendations for supplier awards for mechanical equipment.
- Write clear test results that can be used to verify engineering analysis and drive fact-based decisions.
- Coordinate design changes with the systems, electrical, controls and packaging teams.
- Lead design changes through the enterprise change process.
- Work closely with cross-functional colleagues related to project assignments in a collaborative and communicative fashion to deliver high caliber results.
- Participate as needed with project teams; support project teams as needed with all relevant initiatives.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering plus six (6) or more years of relevant work history.
- Manufacturing industry experience highly preferred
- Experience with Petrochemical, Gas Processing or Cryogenic projects
- Experience with centrifugal and reciprocating compressors highly desirable
- Must be able to clearly communicate ideas and issues in both written and verbal form.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to identify and correct problem root cause.
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency for project management.
- Results-oriented and driven work style.
- Strong organization skills and keen attention to detail.
- Flexible and adaptable to changes in requirements, priorities, and schedules.
- Minimal travel may be required to support supplier qualification, design reviews or other related activities.
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.