Petroplan is seeking a Regional Analyst for our client, a recognized not-for-profit trade association serving the total energy sector. The role will be based in the Westchase region of Houston TX.
The role of the Regional Analyst - North & Central America, is to provide information on project-related and market business opportunities in the Oil & Gas, Power, Nuclear, and Renewables sectors for those countries that fall within the remit of the Houston office including; the USA, Canada, Mexico, Trinidad and Tobago, Guatemala, Belize, El Salvador, Honduras, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, Panama, and the Caribbean. The Regional Analyst will also be expected to assist the Regional Manager with the delivery of other related market intelligence products as well as engaging potential membership leads for North & Central America.
- To provide in a timely manner, high quality, comprehensive, precise and accurate project information to populate a project-tracking database.
- To research, compile and distribute relevant information to provide members a better understanding of imminent and critical developments in the region through a project-tracking database, publications, events, and training.
- Continually work towards a high-level understanding of Oil & Gas (upstream, midstream, downstream) and Power, Nuclear and Renewables project and market activity in the North & Central America region.
- Monitor market trends, including but not limited to geopolitics, project and business opportunities and market barriers, and highlight new developing areas.
- Provide project tracking and specific contract information to enhance the quality of the project tracking database and ensure all information added is of the highest quality, accurate, and provided in a timely manner. Quarterly quality checks required, identifying any gaps and making suggestions to Heads of Oil & Gas and PNR around the reduction of gaps, and overseeing any entry completed by the Research Assistant in Houston.
- Maintain regular contact with all sectors of the industry and stakeholders, to ensure the development of professional relationships with industry across Oil & Gas and PNR.
- To assist the Regional Manager, North & Central America in developing and delivering sector based events, and briefings to members and industry; and, any other responsibilities as prescribed by the Regional Manager, North & Central America from time to time.
- As directed, attend and present at commercial and technical meetings; and, attend where appropriate (and within the budget disciplines) seminars, conferences and workshops meeting objectives as agreed with the Regional Manager, North & Central America and Heads of Oil & Gas and PNR.
- Lead and contribute to the North & Central America regional sections of energy magazine (including sector articles in general) and other publications as may be required, ensuring professionalism, accuracy and timely delivery.
- Produce sector reports and country reports as guided by Heads of Oil & Gas and PNR.
- To provide database training/demonstrations to members and potential new members that are located in the North & Central America region.
Experience / Education
- Team player as well as being highly self-motivated
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written, at the highest of standards of professionalism
- Comfortable and confident in client-facing role
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, and data-entry software platforms
- Diligent, results oriented, organized, and ability to manage multiple projects
- Thorough understanding of the Oil & Gas, Power, Nuclear and Renewables sector, including project development, key market players, technology, and sector stakeholders
- Possess business and strategic awareness and the ability to identify key contract and financial information, the ability to decipher information and write and/or advise in a comprehensive, precise and accurate manner around reports/updates
- Ability to develop and maintain a network of contacts across sectors, and market stakeholders
- Familiarity with North & Central America energy sector and/or business culture
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com
Ref No: BBBH32812