Petroplan is currently recruiting for a well known Oil & Gas company looking to add to their team with a Commissioning Lead. Prospective candidates will be responsible for identifying onshore and offshore mechanical completion, pre-commissioning and commissioning requirements for each system or sub-system in conjunction with detailed engineering design contractor. Also, ensuring these requirements are communicated, understood and accommodated into fabrication site work schedule, so that all required commissioning is successfully prioritized and completed before load out and topsides can sail with "lights on" minimizing offshore HUC scope.
- Develop and lead an effective organization to manage the completion activities
- Work with the detailed engineering design contractor to ensure that all required deliverables to define and execute completion activities are incorporated in the program then produced in a timely manner
- Develop, populate and run a completion management system so that the degree of scope completion is understood at all times
- Review and adopt strategies to minimize the degree of offshore commissioning work
- Lead all completion pre-contract award activities including pre-qual, bid document preparation, evaluation and award
- Ensure that all engineering documentation and commissioning and start up materials are available to meet the project schedule
- Liaise with the Procurement Specialist on preservation and maintenance, service representative and other requirements
- Work with Operations and vendors to ensure seamless integration of personnel in the site teams and smooth start up and handover
- Safety expectations with the commissioning contractor and initiate safety performance programs as required
- Ensure rigorous contract tracking systems are established to allow validity assessment and approval if appropriate of any commissioning contractor contract variation proposals
- Monitor commissioning staff and discipline mix on a regular basis and discuss same with contractors management team
- Ensure that the fabricator's plan allows for an update from area based to system based work to accommodate any scope changes and the agreed commissioning priorities and schedule
- Ideally degree qualified engineer in an appropriate discipline with both design, operational and hands on commissioning experience
- Knowledge of computerized systems typically used to monitor and manage platform completion activities
- Experience with the needs of other disciplines and how these link to the Mechanical Completion and Commissioning activities, particularly: Piping, EIT, Control Systems, Mechanical, Metering etc.
- Knowledge of Document Management Systems as they apply to Projects.
- A willingness to listen to others and incorporate best practice.
- Current training and medical certificates required for offshore travel.
- Wide range of completion and commissioning management experience particularly major offshore oil and gas facilities
- 10-15 years of Offshore oil and gas background
- Experience with commissioning contracts and working as part of a managerial team
- Ability to build strong relationships with key personnel
- Strong communications and networking skills
- Highly developed influencing and interpersonal skills
- Enthusiastic with a positive attitude
- Planning and organization competency
- Ability to make rational decisions when under pressure
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com
Ref No: BBBH29935