Petroplan are seeking an experienced SmartPlant P&ID Deisgner to work for one of our clients, a mid-sized EPC within the petro-chem industry.
The SmartPlant P&ID (SPPID) Administrator / Designer will be responsible for the development, maintenance and support of SmartPlant P&ID. This role requires a global perspective and may include global/cross-office responsibility in the functional level of expertise. The SmartPlant P&ID Administrator will participate in the development of P&ID's, system requirements, specifications, system designs and ensuring that quality support is provided for SmartPlant P&ID. This person will perform their own work in addition to providing assistance and training to others.
Duties / Responsibilities:
* Install the SmartPlant P&ID software and all related software updates/patches
* Aid with technical requirements gathering, client meetings and implementing new SmartPlant P&ID (SPPID) build
* Maintain the SPPID reference database for projects including transfers, reports, MTO downloads, data integrity, including the customization of reports as per project requirements
* Trouble-shoot and solve P&ID problems to ensure project integrity
* Develop detailed project work instructions for users
* SPPID Administration including creating symbology, filters, reports, system maintenance
* Produce setup documentation detailing the SPPID setup
* Produce SPPID operation manual
* Follow department and client drafting methods and standards
* Create auditing requirements and checking for quality assurance of the design effort
* Maintain and verify daily backup routines
* Help develop automation enhancements
* Design accurate system drawings, in a given time period, adjusting to project requirements
* Development of corporate P&ID templates, Lead Sheets, and Specifications
* Drafting and development of project P&ID's, PFD's
* Prepare database for client turnover
* Provide SmartPlant P&ID user training
Skills / Experience:
* Hexagon (Intergraph) Certified SmartPlant P&ID Designer/System Administrator is preferred
* Minimum of 3 years' experience in the use, administration, and support of SPPID
* 3-5 years' experience in providing engineering design application support in the LNG, Oil and Gas, Petrochemical Industry
* Experience with SmartPlant Electrical, SmartPlant Instrumentation or SmartPlant Foundation an asset.
* Good knowledge and concept of drafting standards used in engineering industry
* Piping design experience with plot plan development, piping layouts, and 3D design will be considered an asset
* Strong aptitude for project planning and implementation of new design software
* CAD proficient in AutoCAD, and Microstation
* Knowledge of Oracle and MSSQL queries will be considered as an asset
* Strong verbal and written communication skills is a must have to effectively work with the engineering disciplines
* Has attended Intergraph Certified SPIID Administration and User Training Courses
* Has the ability to effectively conduct training sessions to new users
* Ability to work within a multi-disciplinary team including process, mechanical, civil-structural, electrical, instrumentation, and CAD support
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com
Ref No: BBBH32827