We are seeking a qualified Electrical Power Engineer to design, develop, and maintain electrical power systems for our organization. The ideal candidate will be responsible for analyzing and evaluating power distribution systems, identifying, and troubleshooting power-related issues, and providing effective solutions. Specific
- Design, develop, and maintain electrical power systems for the organization Analyze and evaluate power distribution systems to ensure efficiency and safety.
- Identify and troubleshoot power-related issues and provide effective solutions.
- Develop project plans, budgets, and timelines for electrical power-related projects.
- Collaborate with other engineers, technicians, and PMs to ensure projects are completed on time and within budget.
- Research and stay up to date with the latest advancements in electrical power engineering technology.
- Provide technical support and training to staff as needed.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant electrical safety regulations and standards.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Electrical Engineering Degree
- 15 years' experience in the power field with high and medium voltage experience.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience in a utility distribution system designing complex power distribution systems within an operational facility.
- Experience in power design studies - interconnects, system balancing, harmonics, arc flash.
- Experience in an Owner's organization dealing with engineering design contractors and utilities.
- Proficient in the use of electrical engineering software and tools, field installation and checkout of equipment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- P.E. license is a plus but not required.
- Travel may be required.
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.