Developer (User Interface)
Our client's innovation and excellence created a platform for growth. We have a range of businesses in the United States and Canada, including clean power generation, cogeneration, and energy storage; retail energy sales; and comprehensive services to help customers run their facilities more efficiently and optimize energy and other resource use and expense. Nearly 100 percent of our power generation portfolio is low carbon or renewable. Globally, our client is the largest independent power producer and energy efficiency services provider in the world, with operations in 70 countries employing 150,000 people, including 1,000 researchers in 11 R&D centers.
Purpose Responsible for the design, development and support of various customer-facing web applications for the Retail Energy business. Assist IT management on enhancements of existing applications and upgrades from on-premise to cloud.
Essential Job Functions
- Develop, enhance and support customer-facing web applications for the Retail Energy business.
- Upgrade and enhance existing Application User Interfaces by leveraging latest technologies.
- Work closely with key business stakeholders to understand business needs, and system architects to determine the best technology solutions.
- Work closely with UX Designer to deliver the best customer experience.
- Follow a user-centered design approach.
- Work closely with PMO team using Agile methodology to deliver projects on time and on budget.
- Participate in user story workshops and estimation sessions.
- Participate in sprint planning and sprint review sessions.
- Participate in team code reviews.
- Peer review other team members' completed user stories and provide feedback.
- Participate in technical architecture review sessions.
- Collaboratively manage source control with team including branching and merging procedures.
- Create and organize automated unit tests adhering to code coverage requirements.
- Ability to provide support during non-standard work hours or during an unplanned outage or emergency if needed.
- Experience in automated solutions for building, testing, monitoring, and deploying applications using Azure DevOps and Git repository.
- Working knowledge of Azure Key Vault, ARM Templates, API Management, App Service, Functions and C#.
- Experience with Azure integration and storage tools (Data Factory, Data Lake, Logic Apps) will be a plus.
- Exposure to various big data, database and data warehouse technologies (Azure SQL database, Azure SQL Data Warehouse, Elastic Search, Hadoop, MongoDB, Oracle) will be a plus.
- Knowledge of Product Development Lifecycle and DevOps Tools like Azure DevOps, Git, Ant, JIRA, etc.
- Experience with defect triage, analysis, and resolution.
- Experience with Microsoft Visual Studio and Microsoft Teams.
- Experience instantiating and managing resources in Microsoft Azure.
- Understanding of common software development design patterns and ability to incorporate into technical solution.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Information Systems or a related field required.
- 3-5 years of professional working experience in developing customer-facing web applications.
- 2-3 years of experience with Azure and other cloud technologies.
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects in over forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national corporations, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information on how Petroplan can help you, please feel free to visit our About Us page here; https://www.petroplan.com/about/
Ref No: BBBH35864