Project Engineer - Umbilicals and Flexibles
The Umbilicals Engineer will be responsible for the specification, design, delivery, maintenance and operational support of subsea production systems (SPS) and is the single face to the subsea equipment suppliers.
You will play a key part of the subsea projects team and plays an important role in developing and delivering cost effective subsea projects. The Umbilicals and Flexibles team is growing to deliver hardware and services for the ongoing Projects across all regions.
The role will hold ultimate responsibility for the delivery (specification, design, procurement, verification, manufacturing, validation) of all umbilicals and flexibles hardware and services for specified Projects within the portfolio.
* Provide discipline engineering support for umbilical and flexible deliveries and interfaces with umbilicals and flexibles suppliers for specified Projects.
* Integration and management of interfaces between the umbilicals and flexibles suppliers and project system engineering (EPMS), connection system supplier (SPS), installation contractor (EPIC), logistics contractor and Services team.
* Demonstrate good safe work practices and be proactive in ensuring safe practices at all times including a strong influence role with suppliers.
* Identify Health, Safety, and Environmental (HSE) risks and communicate as appropriate
* Manage the supplier selection and award process for umbilicals and flexibles ensuring best value is achieved and contract is placed to meet project schedule requirements.
* Review, comment, and approve design documentation, quality plans and other procedures as appropriate.
* Budget management of contracts. Working with Project Services, responsible for accurate cost and schedule forecasting in support of in year quarterly updates.
* Build strong working relationships with the key suppliers.
* Identify and manage key engineering and delivery risks and provide input to project risk management and mitigation action plans.
* Manage the interfaces between key stakeholders, including engineering contractors, installation contractors and suppliers.
* Read, understand, implement, and reinforce use of Company's Management of Change process and manage any changes to the scope rigorously and in compliance with the project MOC process.
* Assist in the performance of all project assurance activities, including the management of Design Verification Plans.
Essential Experience and Job Requirements
* Technical expertise with umbilicals / flexible pipes
* Track record and experience with SPS/SURF
* Track record of package delivery and/or supplier's management
* Track record of managing people / teams located or remote
* Knowledge of good engineering practice
* Familiarity with codes and standards for umbilicals (API 17E) and Flexibles (API 17J)
* Good interpersonal and communication skills
* In-depth knowledge of good engineering practice
* Support the collection and reporting of key performance data for umbilicals and flexibles product designs, manufacture and installation.
* Part of a Global engineering and delivery team, sharing lessons and collaborating across Projects.
* Travel: Role will be based in South East England
* Bachelors' Degree or higher qualification in an Engineering discipline.
* Chartered or Professional Engineer
* Offshore or manufacturing site experience
* Project Management Professional (PMP) certified.
Petroplan is the trusted global recruitment solutions partner for clients and professionals in the oil, gas and energy sector. Our mission is to explore with you, seeking optimum talent solutions for our clients and the very best opportunities for our candidates.
Bringing over 40 years' experience, providing experts and professionals into roles across the energy sector from Engineering, Exploration and Production, O&M projects to Corporate & Commercial. Specialist industry & technical knowledge makes our team true experts.
1000s of placements in more than 40 countries for over 180 clients across 65 disciplines
Led today by a predominantly female Board of Directors who provide strong leadership and demand consistency of service to ensure clients receive unrivalled service levels and quality candidates to meet their specific needs. This leadership ethos is underpinned by a positive and client led management structure.
Ref No: BBBH36856