Involvement in finance raising activities for upstream oil and gas projects and corporate/asset acquisitions. Involvement in analysing and assessing company-related investments. Research, analysis and financial modelling. Assisting in the preparation of detailed presentations, documents and reports for senior management.
Involvement in Finance raising and investment activities
- Candidate will have undergone investment bank analyst training programme or equivalent and have a solid grounding in accounting, corporate finance, valuation and knowledge of securities and financial markets which they will be able to apply to day to day activities.
- Able to apply knowledge and experience in project and corporate finance to company activities and projects in these areas.
- Work closely with other parts of the Company (e.g. legal and upstream teams) in such matters.
- Liaise with external parties (such as banks, lawyers, consultants) on relevant matters representing the firm in a professional capacity.
Research, analysis/recommendation and report writing
- Conduct high quality research into markets and companies.
- Prepare reports, research papers, strategic analysis and presentations of a sufficiently high standard to assist in decision making by senior management and external parties.
- Able to build and maintain complex financial models (in excel and other appropriate software packages) to assist on-going projects with minimal supervision
- Identifies legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting the company's financial strategies and ensures compliance with regulations and the overall Group Financial policy.
- Maintains excellent and supportive relationships with all staff and attends Company events.
- Builds and maintains excellent relationships with a range of external advisory firms and promotes oneself professionally in the UAE.
Continuous Improvement of Position
- Conducts regular research and studies to enhance industry knowledge by attending work related conferences particularly within the Energy Sector as well as attending relevant seminars on Finance, Legal, Industry and work related subjects.
Minimum Educational, Technical Qualifications/Certifications Required
- Bachelor degree with honours (2:1 minimum) in a quantitative subject such as Finance, Mathematics, Engineering, Economics or Physics from a top tier university.
- Professional training in accounting, valuation and modelling (as part of investment bank training scheme or equivalent).
- CFA, MBA or Post graduate degree from top tier university desirable.
Minimum Professional Experience Required
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in investment banking, consulting or private equity environment, with at least several years of working in the oil and gas sector.
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com
Ref No: BBBH33226