Communications & Marketing Manager
Are you ready to bring your positive energy to a new challenge help deliver a better, more sustainable future for everyone?
The world is re-thinking its energy supply and energy security needs; planning for a phased transition to alternative energy sources. Petroplan are here to help our clients meet these evolving energy needs and are currently supporting a global leading service provider to the energy industry to hire a Communications & Marketing Manager based in Sharjah, UAE on a permanent basis.
Main purpose of role:
Protect and enhance the reputation of our client through Communications and Marketing strategy, plans and activities. Drive the creation of imaginative, impactful multi-channel communications and content for internal and external audiences.
- Taking an active role in the development of communications and marketing strategy, implementation of plans and global channel development with a 'digital-first' mindset
- Seek out and drive impactful storytelling, creating written content and material that brings our clients priorities and growth story to life
- Drive delivery of a robust external relations service which protects and enhances the company's reputation. Includes responsibility for emergency response preparedness
- Translate our clients purpose, values and wider priorities into inspiring internal communications campaigns and materials that educate and engage their people
- Supporting business development to drive the development of content and collateral including case studies, bid material and associated tools
- Working collaboratively with the Support Services team to drive planning and project management of events and exhibitions
- Lead relationships with agencies and other third parties, championing consistency and proper implementation of the brand
- Day-to-day project cost management and administration
- Build a strong network with colleagues across all businesses, functions and regions
- Providing line management (as appropriate), direction, mentoring and guidance to other team members
Essential Qualifications and Skills:
- Communications, marketing, journalism qualification
- Proven B2B communications and marketing track record, ideally with energy sector experience
- Solid, up-to-date awareness of energy industry themes and challenges and associated experience
- Experience and robust understanding of the in-house communications environment, including emergency response and crisis management
- Media relations experience, and a strong up-to-date network of media/journalist contacts
- Understanding of publicly quoted environment and UK company listing requirements
- Strong attention to detail with impeccable writing and editing skills proven across a variety of formats and media is essential for the role
- Curious mindset, journalistic approach and a real appetite for finding and telling great stories across all media types
- Ability to take complex, technical topics and turn them into meaningful, persuasive content
- A resilient self-starter, exceptional people skills, good relationship builder and influencer with strong oral communication skills
- Highly tuned judgement, ability to spot potential challenges before they arise and advise stakeholders
- Highly organised with exceptional project management skills, able to prioritise a varied and demanding workload in a fast-paced environment
- Solid IT and digital communications skills
- A keen interest in design and visual media
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.