- Involvement in finance raising activities for upstream oil and gas projects and corporate / asset acquisitions.
- Involvement in analysing and assessing company-related investments.
- Research, analysis, and financial modelling.
- Assisting in the preparation of detailed presentations, documents, and reports for senior management
- Candidate will have undergone investment bank analyst training programme equivalent and have a solid grounding in accounting, corporate finance, valuation and knowledge of securities and financial markets which they will be able to apply to day to day activities.
- Able to apply knowledge and experience in project and corporate finance to company activities and projects in these areas.
- Work closely with other parts of the Company (e.g. legal and upstream teams) in such matters.
- Liaise with external parties (such as banks, lawyers, consultants) on relevant matters representing the firm in a professional capacity. Research, analysis/recommendation, and report writing Conduct high quality research into markets and companies.
- Prepare reports, research papers, strategic analysis, and presentations of a sufficiently high standard to assist in decision making by senior management and external parties. Financial modelling
- Able to build and maintain complex financial models (in excel and other appropriate software packages) to assist on-going projects with minimal supervision.
MINIMUM EDUCATIONAL, TECHNICAL QUALIFICATIONS/CERTIFICATIONS REQUIRED
- Bachelor degree in a quantitative subject such as Finance, Mathematics, Engineering, Economics or Physics
- Professional training in accounting, valuation, and modelling (as part of investment bank training scheme or equivalent).
- CFA, MBA or Post graduate degree
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.