- Significant involvement in finance raising activities for upstream projects
Research, analysis and financial modelling.
Preparing detailed slides/documents and reports
Maintaining good relationship with the local and international financial community.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AS PART OF FINANCE TEAM
Significant involvement in finance raising activities
- Full and close engagement in all finance raising activities
- Liaises closely with other parts of the Company (e.g. legal, upstream) in such matters
- Liaises with external parties (such as banks and lawyers) on relevant matters representing the firm in a professional capacity.
Research, analysis/recommendation and report writing
- Conducts high quality research into markets and companies.
- Prepares reports, research papers, strategic analysis and presentations of a sufficiently high standard to assist in decision making by senior management and external parties.
- Provides recommendations in relation to the identification of new business opportunities consistent with the growth plans of the company.
- Builds and maintains financial models (in excel and other appropriate software packages) to assist on-going projects and provides input to strategic recommendations and solutions where appropriate.
- Identifies legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting the company's financial strategies and ensures compliance with regulations and the overall Group Financial policy.
- Exhibits and maintains excellent and supportive relationships with all staff and attends Company events.
- Builds and maintains excellent relationships with a range of external advisory firms and promotes oneself professionally in the UAE.
Continuous Improvement of Position
Conducts regular research and studies to enhance industry knowledge by attending work related conferences particularly within the Energy Sector as well as attending relevant seminars on Finance, Legal, Industry and work related subjects.
Minimum Educational, Technical Qualifications/Certifications Required
- Bachelor degree with honours (2:1 minimum) in a quantitative subject such as Finance, Mathematics, Engineering, Economics or Physics from a top tier university.
- MBA from leading Business School or CFA part 3 or postgraduate qualification from top-tier University.
Minimum Professional Experience Required
Minimum of 8-12 years of total work experience, including at least 6 years within an Investment Banking Sector consulting or private equity environment, with at least several years of working in the oil and gas sector.
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com
Ref No: BBBH30490