Instrument and Control Engineer
We are looking for an instrument and control engineer to work with a leading operator on a rotation in the North Sea.
The instrument engineer works closely with the Client's Technical Authority to ensure technical quality and the application of practical, operable, and innovative technology by the engineering contractors. The discipline engineer also helps to ensure contractor engineering discipline work is completed in an efficient manner and supports project schedule milestones. The discipline engineer's roles and responsibilities include:
- Provides safety leadership enforcing the Client's Health, Safety, and Environmental policies, procedures, and objectives to ensure that instrument and control designs are inherently safer, risks are reduced, and HSE requirements are satisfied.
- Provides leadership, along with the Clients' Technical Authority, for the overall instrument and control design efforts.
- Develops instrument design practices and philosophies including overall control schemes and shutdown philosophies.
- Ensures that appropriate design specifications and standards are being used in the design process.
- Ensures project design is consistent with the client's integrity management standard use of Guidance on Certification and industry standards.
- Reviews and provides comments on instrumentation and control designs.
- Reviews P&ID's, loop drawings, instrument specifications, and instrument selection.
- Provides safe, operable, and efficient equipment designs,
- Evaluates and selects vendors and equipment.
- Identifies integration and infrastructure issues.
- Provides consultation and problem resolution.
- Assists with performance tests and problem resolution.
- Assists in checkout, commissioning, and startup.
- Actively participates in fabrication shop visits.
- Assists with the development of operation procedures and training.
- Communicates and coordinates with Project Engineers and Project Leads.
- Monitors performance of Engineering Contractor discipline engineers and reports deviations from acceptable performance.
- Coordinates work efforts with the Technical Authority. Education
- Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Masters Degree a plus.
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com
Ref No: BBBH33134