Field Service Engineer (Rotating Equipment/Machinery)
Ellesmere Port (Global travel required with role as well)
*Previous experience as a field engineer is preferred, there is extensive travel with the role to company sites in and out of the UK, must be able to work independently in the field*
We are seeking a Field Service Engineer to perform installations, repairs, commissioning and startup of various types of turbomachinery at our global facilities and trade customers. The successful candidate will enjoy:
- Having a residence-based position supporting customer locations worldwide
- Having approximately 70% travel and 30% home time
- Providing rotational support to our service facilities as needed
- Being part of and helping develop/grow a world-class service and machinery business from its initiation and seeing the results of candidate's direct efforts
- Working closely as a team with highly experienced, motivated team members including shop technicians, engineers, project managers, and business development engineers to exceed customer requirements and expectations
- Being part of a large and growing company with proven track record of stability and sustained profitable growth
The position will be responsible for both new equipment start-ups and commissioning activities as well as field service repairs, upgrades of a broad variety of expansion, compression, and fluid handling equipment used in air separation, hydrocarbon, and petrochemical applications.
The incumbent must uphold the company's safety philosophy and processes for all field service activities. This position will support the expander business along with a variety of other rotating equipment in support of our business.
This position reports to the Operations Manager. The incumbent will have primary responsibility for customer interfacing field service support.
- Ensure a safe work environment by ensuring all company safe work procedures are followed and implementing the company Basic Safety Process
- Understand industrial safe work processes and standards in the ASU, hydrocarbon and petrochemical environment.
- Supervise customer representatives and contractors on proper equipment changeouts, overhauls and startup of various rotating equipment
- Travel to customer sites working independently as a representative of the company
- Demonstrate both professional and technical knowledge of turbomachinery and reciprocating equipment
- Solve problems by identifying, defining, analyzing and then making sound, timely decisions working with engineering
- Demonstrate effective oral and written communication skills; maintain free and open communication
- Understand and demonstrate knowledge in reading prints, flows sheets and product designs; provide liaison between the field and engineering and project managers to resolve technical problems as necessary
- Assist regional business development managers with customer site assessments and act as the technical liaison between customers and company commercial teams
- Ensure trip reports are generated at the completion of all trips documenting scope of all work performed
- Manage and ensure expense reports are complete and accurate on a monthly basis
- Bachelor's degree with focus on engineering
- Proven experience of 10 or more years of field service with supervisory responsibility in a similar field
- Previous experience with reciprocating and centrifugal pumps, compressors, and expanders
- Knowledge of industry work practices required
- Working knowledge in air separation and hydrocarbon plant processes and controls
- Knowledge of geometric tolerancing and dimensioning
- Proficient with PC programs such as Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, etc.
- Multi-OEM experience preferred
- Excellent attention to detail
- The Field Service Engineer position requires an individual with strong leadership abilities coupled with a good mechanical aptitude; strong organizational, interpersonal, communication, and decision-making skills are essential to the position
- The ability to work collaboratively across the business to perform responsibilities with minimum direction from management
- The ability to understand, implement, and meet the schedule commitments to meet critical customer completion requirements
- A strong safety focus, with a full understanding of the applicability of Government EHS regulations and the Company's Global EHS policies and procedures
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.