Principle Geotechnical Engineer.
Our highly reharded client are looking to bring a an experienced Geotechnical engineer to their team on a contratc basis.
Please note this position is offered on a PAYE Basis
Main duties and responsibilities:
· Be a geotechnical focal point for tenders & projects, reporting to the Geotechnical Discipline Manager, and be part of developing a successful multi-national team
· Understand general geotechnical issues and evaluate any associated financial / safety / quality implications to company.
· Have an understanding of offshore construction techniques and the impact that design decisions have on the safety, feasibility and cost of EPCI field development projects;
· A knowledge of and ideally experience working on projects across the globe and the various soil conditions/behaviour that may be encountered;
· Evaluate the quality of available site investigations on tenders and projects, and be capable of specifying and supervising complementary site investigations when needed;
· Interpret and use offshore site investigation data and be able to integrate results into detailed design of subsea infrastructure.
· It is essential that candidates have experience with interpreting API, DNV & ISO standards
· Understand the nature of the various geohazards affecting a site and evaluate their impact on the offshore construction.
· Carry out soil/pipe interaction analyses, evaluate pipeline design issues, support pipeline engineering for associated items such as installation analyses, stability analyses, buckling and walking assessments, plus decommissioning
· Undertake detailed design and installation of gravity base, piled & suction piled subsea structures and evaluate/recommend reeled-pipe-lay initiation anchorages
· Use of limit analysis for estimation of collapse load for foundations subject to complex loading and use of 2D and 3D finite element software for analysis and design of complex soil-structure interaction problems
· Contribute to R&D activities relating to Geotechnical subjects. Identify & overcome engineering problems using creative thinking & determination
· Demonstrate the ability to analyse a problem, research past experiences and develop a smarter solution thus contributing to the development of new processes or technologies
· Master degree or equivalent in Civil Engineering with specialisation in Geotechnical Engineering
· Be able to demonstrate that they fulfil at least the duties & responsibilities detailed below
· Strong analytical skills
· Creative problem solving - able to suggest & develop new methods and ways of working. This includes having an innovative and pragmatic approach to geotechnical design and installation related issues
· Understanding of clients' needs & ability to suggest and apply "fit for purpose" solutions
· Sound communication skills in Be able to communicate ideas and results to various stakeholders (both in written reports and in meetings, presentations etc.)
· Candidates must be competent in report writing and have the ability to present clear and concise calculation packages
· It is essential that whilst candidates can work individually with the minimum of supervision, they also have a good team working ethic and can present themselves in a professional manner
· Take part in 'short' duration trips or assignments in other locations, including overseas and offshore, as required
· Very good working environment
If you feel you suit this wrole nad would like to set up a call to discuss full details and next steps, please send your CV throguh to myself at
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.