We are currently supporting one of the largest suppliers of automated manufacturing, warehousing, and distribution systems, in their search for a Senior Contracts manager with EPC expertise for Installation.
This is a permanent position which can be located in any of their European offices on a hybrid basis. Some of these locations include Banbury United Kingdom, Paris France, Madrid Spain, Milan Italy and more.
This person will lead the EMEA Installation procurement team (which exceeds $120M in volume) and will be responsible for driving transformation in this high growth/high intensity work environment.
The primary responsibilities Sr. Contracts Manager Installation:
- Write, execute, and manage contracts with key installation suppliers, which include master subcontract agreements and staffing agreements for installation services (electrical, mechanical, pre-commissioning Installation labor, as well as full turnkey subcontractors, and material/rental providers).
- This role will lead the EMEA Installation procurement team. The candidate will lead, build, and grow the team, currently a team of 2 people.
- Develop contract strategy based on internal policies and business requirements considering risk, scope, pricing, etc.
- Develop and drive the execution of strategies for Installation supply for total best value, world class execution with compliance, safety and quality as business imperatives.
- Negotiate and execute full turnkey packages ranging from $1M - $20M, depending on the size of the project, ensuring the company's protection with best risk-mitigated contracts.
- Along with the Category Lead, create and maintain relationships with suppliers' C suite level and lead matters concerning contracts, negotiations, and claims.
- Anticipate the needs of the supporting functions primarily installation teams to meet/exceed these expectations in a compliant manner.
- Along with the Category Leads, build a 3-year strategy for the Installation team and support the rapid growth.
- Ensure timely and accurate supplier compliance with the commercial terms and conditions in the portfolio of contracts.
- Communicate to stakeholders about all contract related matters.
- Work with business leaders to set contractual budgets, using the proper legal and financial terminology.
- Continuously monitor contracts during execution phase, with weekly supplier updates and close tracking of running costs, and over-runs. Be able to work with controllers and the finance community on claims per contractual obligations.
- Rapid fast development of Installation third party supply base that is competitive and compliant in the material handling and controls space. All suppliers (existing and new) require proper vetting and due diligence.
- Co-develop and ensure tracking of meaningful performance key performance indicators (KPI) for Installation.
- Guide, develop, and mentor the Installation commercial team in commercial contracting efforts to aid in their achievement of business objectives.
- Cultivate and develop relationships with internal stakeholders as a trusted business partner.
- Participate in functional meetings as a business partner to provide support at the onset of initiatives.
- Perform value analysis to identify and implement cost improvements.
- Support budget adherence within the functions.
- Understand the capacity of suppliers and availability for services.
- Forecast and record savings achieved.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree required, Engineering, or Business
- PMP certification preferred
- 8 years of experience in relevant contractual activities in similar industries, EPC, construction/installation, project type environment.
- Expertise in commercial clauses with proven track record in complex contractual work.
- Highly collaborative individual with ability to influence others and build strong professional relationships
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information
- Strong knowledge supplier networking and partnership development
- Knowledge and strong utilization of Microsoft applications such as Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with peers and upper management
- Must be willing to travel to suppliers and/or other company locations as needed up to 25%.
- Demonstrated values of collaboration, integrity, courage and excellence is required.
- Effective communication in English (verbal and writing).
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.