3D AutoCAD Design Manager
Development Company - Renewables
Remote - anywhere in the UK
Petroplan are pleased to be supporting a rapidly growing Renewables Development Company in the UK who we have had the pleasure of extensively supporting throughout their growth in 2023.
We are recruiting for a 3D AutoCAD Design Manager to assist an extremely talented Design Engineering team to contribute to their growth across Solar, BESS, Marine and Transportation.
My client is headquartered in London but the role can be based anywhere in the UK, with the expectation that those who aren't based in London will be open to visiting the office and the team in London once a month.
Competitive Salary plus bonus, LTIP, private health insurance, EV Car Allowance.
About the role:
The role will support and assist our Marine project development team on a portfolio of opportunities across the UK and internationally. Our projects are at early development stage, so you will be involved with the wider team on activities from initial site feasibility, right through to project construction.
We are looking for a multi-skilled candidate having broad experience in developing technical solutions, within the renewable energy sector and marine sector (onshore but experience in offshore too will be preferential).
You will be expected to cover broad Technical Development design drawings of high-voltage distribution and transmission level infrastructure including the renewable energy assets across UK (initial focus is on stand-alone utility scale battery storage and large scale co-located solar and battery with onshore wind projects within the next 24 months).
So high voltage development background with an energy/power utility or technical consultancy organisation as the BIM lead and coordinator would be an advantage, with past experience in the marine industry related to energy and power projects is
We expect the successful candidate to have:
* Facilitate and assist design team to develop details for 3D design intent drawings and prepare drawings for the public consultation, planning submission and integration into Digital Twins
* Use computer-assisted design (CAD) software to create 3D model technical drawings to manage the design documentation for planning submission, project tendering and public consultation engagement
* Practical understanding and experience of delivering 3D construction drawings of high voltage electrical infrastructure in UK. This includes relevant compliance and safety in design and construction standards including the standards specific to the renewable generation like Solar PV, BESS, eV charging and on-shore wind in UK. Offshore experience in wind or tidal will be
* Demonstrated practical understanding of design drawings, equipment involved and appreciation of construction of high voltage infrastructure (e.g. cables, transformers, CBs, substations, BESS, AIS, GIS) from 33kV to 400kV.
* Develops and maintains technical documentation including the creation of plans, sections, elevations, details, schedules and all required elements of design and construction documentation in Revit and 3D AutoCAD with BIM adopted in the deliverable production workflows
* Work with consultants, contractors, and vendors to meet overall project objectives and support project development
* Collaborate, liaise and coordinate with cross-functional teams and external parties to resolve product design issues including design checking, review and submission
* Strong ownership - able and willing to self-deliver, hands-on, management of external consultants for project development from an engineering point of view. The technical design will include preconstruction feasibility, supplier engagement, detailed design (for construction) of onshore located power networks. The networks will be distributing power from generation and electricity storage assets from tens to hundreds of MWs, from 33kV to 400kV.
* Own/lead on other technical matters (from technical point of view) such as BIM, 3D CAD design. Digital Twins etc.
* Support and collaborate with other teams working on the projects from a land, planning and grid connection perspective. Support senior management with budgeting and strategy setting.
* Supporting project development.
* Technical savviness applied to new problems, innovative and experimental approach, open minded problem solving and entrepreneurial mindset.
* CIC-Certified BIM Coordinator (CCBC) or above with minimum 3 years of BIM experience and implementation of the whole BIM system
* Project management and project leadership experience in energy and power sector.
* Appreciation of the energy and power project lifecycles and risks across large scale and complex utility-scale projects.
* Experience in using BIM, 3D CAD / 3D design, digital twin software.
* Leadership abilities and extensive project experience.
* Strong communication and negotiating skills.
* Ability to work independently and lead a team by providing guidance.
* Able to work collaboratively across a team.
* Excellent report writing, communication and project management skills using MS Office suite.
* A flexible attitude to work and the ability to travel regularly throughout the UK.
* Renewable energy project development experience is a plus.
* Experience of supporting multiple project teams.
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.