Petroplan are recruiting for a Quality Manager to join an international specialist in maintenance, repair and installation services across the energy-from-waste, nuclear and industrial sectors.
The ideal candidate will have nuclear and / or heavy fabrication experience in order to hit the ground running with current projects within the fabrication workshop, and ideally be familiar with GE equipment.
Our client are open to considering offering this role as permanent, or on a contract/freelance basis for the right person.
- Coordinate activities within the Quality department.
- Liaise with Workshop, Project & Repair Managers.
- Liaise with clients & third party inspection authorities.
- Carry out internal audits & liaise with all internal departments as and when necessary.
- Oversee random & planned inspections of materials, manufacture/installation processes in accordance with company and or client, third party procedures and specifications.
- Collate and safeguard QA documentation for quality Dossiers.
- Initiate and arrange third party NDT/DT.
- Undertake additional duties as and when requested.
- Co-ordination and monitoring of the operation of the Quality Management System
- Control of Quality Personnel in workshop and on Sites.
- Management of materials and accompanying certification.
- Ensure necessary inspections are carried out in accordance with requirements.
- Overseeing welder qualification & weld procedure tests.
- Ensure welder performance qualification certificates are up to date.
- Ensure PQR & WPS are available for projects.
- Contracting third party inspection agencies and NDE service providers.
- Coordinating & carrying out internal audits.
- Advising on materials and weld consumables.
- Ensuring Calibration of monitoring and measuring equipment as and when required.
- Maintaining calibration logs.
- Witnessing DPI, MPI, UT thickness gauging and pressure testing as and when required.
- Accompany third party inspectors & Client visits at workshop or on site with regards to QC activities.
- Undertake any additional duties as and when required by the business.
- Ensuring adherence to all company policies & procedures.
- To identify system weaknesses and suggest new/efficient procedures to strengthen it.
- Promote health and safety and ensure adherence to health and safety policies and procedures
- ISO 9001 Internal / Lead Auditor
- Knowledge of ASME, EN, EU directives, ISO codes and standards.
- Relevant qualifications, engineering background preferred.
- CSWIP 3.1 Welding Inspector qualification preferred
- At least 7 years QC exp. of which 2 years as Manager
- Attention to detail is essential.
- Good organisational skills.
- A professional attitude and good communication skills are essential as the role requires regular interaction with all staff and third party inspection authorities.
- Computer literate.
- Good team player.
- Able to manage challenging workloads.
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.