Project Engineer (Umbilicals and Flexibles)
The Project Engineer is responsible for the specification, design, delivery, maintenance and operational support of subsea production systems (SPS) and is the single face to the subsea equipment suppliers.
Umbilicals and Flexibles team is growing to deliver hardware and services for the ongoing Projects across all regions.
The role will hold ultimate responsibility for the delivery (specification, design, procurement, verification, manufacturing, validation) of all umbilicals and flexibles hardware and services for specified Projects within the portfolio. The role will ensure the deliveries are in line with HSSE requirements and quality standards and within project schedule and cost objectives.
- Provide discipline engineering support for umbilical and flexible deliveries and interfaces with umbilicals and flexibles suppliers for specified Projects.
- Integration and management of interfaces between the umbilicals and flexibles suppliers and project system engineering (EPMS), connection system supplier (SPS), installation contractor (EPIC), logistics contractor and Services team.
- Demonstrate good safe work practices and be proactive in ensuring safe practices at all times including a strong influence role with suppliers.
- Identify Health, Safety, and Environmental (HSE) risks and communicate as appropriate
- Working internally to manage the supplier selection and award process for umbilicals and flexibles ensuring best value is achieved and contract is placed to meet project schedule requirements.
- Support tender clarification/evaluation and contractor/vendor selection, ensuring all activities are in accordance with the Code of Conduct.
- Review, comment, and approve design documentation, quality plans and other procedures as appropriate.
- Budget management of contracts. Working with Project Services, responsible for accurate cost and schedule forecasting in support of in year quarterly updates and project lifecycle cost estimate updates.
- Build strong working relationships with the key suppliers.
- Identify and manage key engineering and delivery risks and provide input to project risk management and mitigation action plans.
- Manage the interfaces between key stakeholders, including engineering contractors, installation contractors and suppliers.
- Read, understand, implement, and reinforce use of Company's Management of Change process and manage any changes to the scope rigorously and in compliance with the project MOC process.
- Assist in the performance of all project assurance activities, including the management of Design Verification Plans.
- Support the collection and reporting of key performance data for umbilicals and flexibles product designs, manufacture and installation.
- Working with the quality team, responsible for ensuring an appropriate verification plan is established for the deliveries to provide confidence in the product quality.
- Part of a Global engineering and delivery team, sharing lessons and collaborating across Projects.
- Travel: Role will be based in South East England
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com
Ref No: BBBH34186