This position is responsible for operations regarding rail and freight loading and unloading, as well as basic process equipment. With high priorities placed on safety and health, protection of the environment and economics, convert raw materials into liquid sodium cyanide and ensure timely shipments to the customers. Chemical Operator IV is also responsible for training Chemical Operators I-IV.
Monitor product movement to and from storage tanks, coordinating activities with other workers to ensure constant product flow.
· Record operating data such as products and quantities pumped, gauge readings, and operating times, manually or using computers.
· Check conditions and weights of vessels to ensure cleanliness and compliance with loading procedures.
· Rail car ground work - connecting and disconnecting couplers and air lines and spotting for the railcar mover.
· Set manual brakes on rail cars.
· Perform Process Start-up and Shutdown procedures.
· Operate remote railcar operation.
· Draw/sketch basic P&IDs from memory for different systems
· Draw samples of products and conduct quality control tests to monitor processing and to ensure that standards are met.
· Train Chemical Operator I- IV.
· Confer with technical and supervisory personnel to report or resolve conditions affecting safety, efficiency, or product quality.
· Operate the control panel board
· Successfully completed Board Operator Quality Standard Checklists
· Monitors compressors, vaporizers and gauge
· Makes effective contributions to the entire team and interacts well with all crews and departments.
· Take charge of a crew in the absence of a Crew Lead.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
· High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
· Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
· Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Petroplan is the trusted global recruitment solutions partner for clients and professionals in the oil, gas and energy sector. Our mission is to explore with you, seeking optimum talent solutions for our clients and the very best opportunities for our candidates.
Bringing over 40 years' experience, providing experts and professionals into roles across the energy sector from Engineering, Exploration and Production, O&M projects to Corporate & Commercial. Specialist industry & technical knowledge makes our team true experts.
1000s of placements in more than 40 countries for over 180 clients across 65 disciplines
Led today by a predominantly female Board of Directors who provide strong leadership and demand consistency of service to ensure clients receive unrivalled service levels and quality candidates to meet their specific needs. This leadership ethos is underpinned by a positive and client led management structure.
Ref No: BBBH37471