Our client, a Major EPC within the Oil & Gas Industry, has a requirement for an experienced Director of Estimating for their Mining & Metals Division.
The role will be based in South Carolina.
This Director of Estimating provides technical and strategic direction for Estimating. This position has the responsibility to act as a corporate or intra-corporate expert on Estimating methods, procedures, systems, and the development of historical information. Budgets and capital expenditures, within defined limits, may also be the responsibility of this position. And as a leadership role, this position requires mentoring less experienced estimators and promoting innovation, creativity, benchmarking, and problem solving.
* Direct all activities with respect to estimate quality, execution, planning, staffing, consistency, and systems training
* Support and interface with business unit management in the preparation of proposals in areas specific to cost and benchmark to previous proposals with information of deliverables consistent to other similar projects
* Present and sell an estimate to management and the client with authority and credibility
* Typically manage personnel and provide an environment for the development and professional advancement of staff members, including on-the-job and formal training and development opportunities, and timely performance feedback
* Analyze situations, identify and forecast pertinent problems and evaluate realistic options; and recommend/implement appropriate course of action
* Organize and prioritize a variety of complex projects and multiple tasks in an effective and timely manner, set priorities, and meet critical time deadlines
Experience / Education
* Accredited four (4) year degree or global equivalent in applicable field of study and twenty (20) years of work-related experience or a combination of education and directly related experience.
* Ability to communicate effectively with audiences that include but are not limited to management, coworkers, clients, vendors, contractors, and other stakeholders
* Job related technical knowledge necessary to complete the job
* Ability to learn and apply knowledge of applicable local, state/province, and federal/national statutes and guidelines
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com
Ref No: BBBH33090