The OSBL Superintendent will be responsible for OSBL construction coordination and execution of the Project.
The OSBL Superintendent will coordinate the OSBL coordinators and supervise the Contractors' daily work include planning, organizing, directing and controlling methods of construction, manpower levels, material quantities, equipment, work schedule and documentations.
- Responsible for Safety guidance and enforcement of site rules and regulations. 25%
- Responsible for coordinating contractor activities and ensuring performance in accordance with work packages and instructions. 30%
- Ensures OSBL coordinators bring RFI's to closure, and contractors work complies with project requirements, specifications and / or drawings. 15%
- Participate in construction incident investigation and corrective actions. 10%
- Coordinate Simultaneous Operations (SIMOPS). 5%
- Monitor and follow the Superior Refinery Emergency Response Plan. 5%
- Provide input and monitor the construction schedule, including identifying potential problems and impacts to the schedule. 5%
- Provide input and support mitigations of identified construction risk items. 5%
- Technical Diploma in Engineering and/or Certification as a Journeyman with supervisory training with significant experience leading a number of trade professionals.
- A minimum of 20 years of experience on large capital projects
- Proven track record of success as an effective leader and construction professional
- Strong technical competency with regard to understanding engineering principals in support of the planning, execution and completion levels
- Proven practical knowledge of current project and construction management tools and practices (e.g. cost management systems, scheduling, estimating, risk tools, constructability, etc.)
- An understanding of the competitive environment and ideally bring an extensive personal network of contacts in the EPC, Oil and Gas and related large-scale process industries while understanding the issues and challenges is required
- Effective communication skills both written and verbal
- Effective negotiation skills are preferred
- Consensus builder; team player; mentor; credible at all levels - both internally and externally preferred
- Effective risk management, analytical and planning skills are assets
- Strong non-authoritative leadership skills - ability to influence others
- Proven leadership and team building skills
- Proven innovation skills
- Other relevant post-secondary education as a Project Management Professional (PMP) with a minimum diploma in engineering or equivalent experience in the industry.
- Has experience with various labor postures in Owner and Contractor organizations
- Recognized participation in industry organizations such as CII, COAA, IPA, etc.
Petroplan is the trusted global recruitment solutions partner for clients and professionals in the oil, gas and energy sector. Our mission is to explore with you, seeking optimum talent solutions for our clients and the very best opportunities for our candidates.
Bringing over 40 years' experience, providing experts and professionals into roles across the energy sector from Engineering, Exploration and Production, O&M projects to Corporate & Commercial. Specialist industry & technical knowledge makes our team true experts.
10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines
Led today by a predominantly female Board of Directors who provide strong leadership and demand consistency of service to ensure clients receive unrivalled service levels and quality candidates to meet their specific needs. This leadership ethos is underpinned by a positive and client-led management structure.
Ref No: BBBH37881