Petroplan are seeking an experienced Responsible Care Manager to work for one of our clients, a mid-sized operator within the petro-chem industry. The role will be initially based in Houston but required to transfer to the Project Site in Louisiana (near Baton Rouge) in mid-2019.
Duties / Responsibilites:
- Manages and monitors the development, implementation and continual improvement of the Project Responsible Care program that supports the achievement of the Project plan, Global Responsible Care Plan and overall Corporate Strategy
- Ensure appropriate Responsible Care standards/guidelines are established and maintained, and that all work is done in compliance with relevant legislation, regulatory requirements, and based on best practice and industry standards.
- Ensure implementation by Project Partners and all participants of the RC plans and actions that are in compliance with Company policies and procedures.
- Evaluate and execute opportunities to improve project performance, and/or minimize overall risk of harm to people, harm to the environment or loss prevention.
- Establishes and manages the projects Responsible Care related lessons learned process. Ensures continuous learning and improvement through revision of the Project Responsible Care program based on the lessons learned.
- Seeks out industry best-practices in collaboration with Project Partners and imbeds these within the Project Responsible Care program.
- In conjunction with the Project Leadership Team, ensure that there is an effective emergency response and crisis management capability in place for all phases of the project.
- Provides interpretation and advice related to the project RC program content.
- Conducts periodic assessments and audits of the performance of the Responsible Care program over the life of the project.
- Will preside/participate over Project RC Team periodic meetings to assess Project RC issues and performance with Project Partners and participants.
- Will ensure incident reporting is effective and mitigation actions are appropriately implemented in conjunction with Project Partners and participants
- Provides reporting internally and statistics for assessment of the RC program in collaboration with the other Project Partners.
- Will participate in evaluations of the Project Partners RC programs and evaluation of potential Project Partners RC programs and resources.
- Implement appropriate training and programs to ensure that the project team have high levels of Responsible Care, environment, health and safety skills and awareness.
Skills / Experience:
- Formal education in Occupational Safety & Health (certificate, diploma or degree) or a Degree in a technical engineering discipline and extensive experience in managing construction HSE
- Minimum 15 years within the petrochemical or related industry
- Must have plant construction and/or extensive turnaround experience
- Strong background in Responsible Care and specifically health, safety, environmental and quality applications in construction and turnarounds
- Proven problem-solving skills
- Effective verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Ability to travel and work remotely as required
In order to carry out all duties and responsibilities effectively, the position requires strong knowledge of the processes underlying major construction projects. The ability to work through influence, motivate others, have excellent communication and interpersonal skills is critical to success. Knowledge of the methanol manufacturing process, understanding of the chemical and physical properties of methanol and other chemicals, thorough comprehension of Responsible Care and a commitment to the ethic are important. Good planning and organisational skills, the ability to prioritize diverse areas of effort and the capability of conducting work on multiple tasks are critical to this position.
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com
Ref No: BBBH30437