Petroplan is excited to announce we are exclusively recruiting for a General Manager to work for a leading international lifting company, looking to expand into the US market.
In this role you will play a pivitol role in establishing and growing the company's business in the USA, managing all aspects of the operations and providing regular reports on the performance to the Group.
A strong Sales/Business Development background will be required as well as a strong technical background, ideally including engineering experience. As well as promoting the company products/services to generate sales growth you will ensure the Houston operation is always adequately resources, working collaboratively as part of the management team.
This role would suit an energetic and driven individual, with a strong entrepreneurial streak who thrives in results oriented and rewarded environment.
Any prospective candidate should have an extensive network in oil & gas, ideally in the Gulf of Mexico to be able to hit the ground running.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop an annual business plan and budget in conjunction with the MD
- Use initiative and industry knowledge to plan approaches and engage decision makers within all relevant sectors
- Building relationships with new clients to increase revenues
- Present the company, its products and services to new and existing customers
- Maintain and develop relationships with key companies in the Region
- Forecasting sales targets and providing monthly reports to the Managing Director
- Respond proactively to customer enquiries and drive the business
- Understanding the market in the region in terms of pricing, competitor activity, market size and opportunity
- Coordinate all marketing activities of the business in the region
- Ensure products are prepared for hire in line with company standards and requirements
- Manage the mobilisation process with support from the international operation
- Coordinate the preparation of tenders and technical documentation in conjunction with technical staff internationally
- Offer technical advice when requested with regard to equipment requirements
- Ensure accurate processing of orders, on-hires, off-hires and enquiries in accordance with company systems and procedures
- Maintain detailed CRM records to build an in depth knowledge of business potential in the region
- Recommend product purchases to meet business requirements in the region
- Recruit, train and develop staff as required by the business
- Manage all Company staff in the USA in line with company procedures
- Be aware of statutory safety regulations with regard to winching equipment
- Understand and follow company safety, health and environmental policies and procedures
- Adhere to company procedures and administration relevant to the successful completion of daily duties of the position
- Any other duties commensurate with the grade and nature of this position
- Communication - Communicates own ideas clearly and listens to others in an appropriate manner, both written and verbal, particularly with reference to technical information.
- Planning - Ability to identify what needs to be done to achieve objectives, prioritise key issues and plan ahead to ensure desired outcomes.
- Personal effectiveness - Demonstrates personal commitment and problem solving skills to deliver the required results.
- Change Management - Drives through and manages change in the working environment.
- Influencing and Negotiation - Able to persuade others of the validity of their own argument whilst recognising the value of other opinions.
- Commercial Awareness - Ability to apply wider business knowledge to make commercial decisions. Applying financial understanding. Displays business understanding. Understanding of wider economic business issues.
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com
Ref No: BBBH29168