Business Development Manager - Central Region
Location: Denver, Colorado (Work from home)
Salary: On offer is an attractive base salary Commission scheme
An exciting opportunity has arisen within Petroplan USA; central to our five-year strategy is development of our development of our USA Central Region offering (Wyoming; Montana; Colorado; New Mexico & possibly Oklahoma & Kansas), enabling Petroplan to take full advantage of scalable market opportunities from existing clients and hot prospects.
Please be aware that for the position of Business Development Manager - Central Region:
- Applicants must currently be living in Denver, Colorado
- Sponsorship is not available so applicants must be eligible to work in the USA
- Applicants must be able to work from home
Business Development Manager - Central Region Job Description
Our Business Development Manager - Central Region will develop our existing client relationships, and will create an initial client base from which to generate vacancies and placements in accordance with the budget set. The individual will be responsible for the overall growth, development and profitability of the region along with maximising Petroplan's profile and brand across the Central Region, by developing existing and new relationships to leverage recruitment opportunities for Petroplan, whilst serving as the interface between Petroplan business units and the client. The successful candidate will have a mature and professional approach to developing and leading a business.
- Building relationships with existing clients in the region, identifying new commercial opportunities and maximising these opportunities, developing additional business through in-depth relationships with the result of obtaining fillable vacancies for the Recruitment Team to work, thereby generating gross profit
- Growing the Petroplan client base by conducting business development with prospect client companies, including arranging and attending client meetings to generate revenue and gross profit
- Managing commercial negotiations with prospect clients including agreement of commercial terms and negotiation of fees, mark-up etc. and ensuring, with the Regional Head as appropriate, that comprehensive records are produced and maintained
- Inputting into the annual Regional Business Plan for the USA, including the plan for Business Development, with overall responsibility for Business Development of specific clients and sectors as outlined in the Region's BD Plan, to ensure commercial, scalable and coordinated business development takes place across the region, focusing on permanent, contract and nominated roles - the Business Plan should be completed within the first two weeks of service
- Delivery of a quality service (reflecting Petroplan's organisational values) to all external and internal stakeholders
- Resolving Client / Contractor issues, with the management of any conflicts that may arise, and delegating where appropriate
- Liaising with global team members to ensure relevant knowledge is shared from your client portfolio and communicated to all areas of the business
Business Development Manager - Central Region Job Requirements:
Essential - if you do not fulfil these requirements, you will not be considered for the position:
- Be local to the region
- Be an experienced Business Developer with proven experience of sales delivery in a results-focused environment, within the recruitment oil and gas sector
- Have strong experience in recruitment
- Have a strong understanding of the market in Wyoming; Montana; Colorado; New Mexico & possibly Oklahoma & Kansas
- Be able to demonstrate a good understanding of the financial drivers of a business to enable delivery of improvement in gross profit against each client
- A strong background in client development including an in-depth understanding of how to build relationships with clients.
Benefits for the Business Development Manager - Central Region role
- International opportunities
- Investment in you and your career
- International Benefits: As a UK based employer, our team receive company wide-benefits as well as locally relevant incentives. As well as offering 100% paid medical, dental and vision cover, 21 days' vacation; we also offer monthly incentives and rewards.
- Keep learning: Attending industry networking and training conferences is also encouraged and regular train the trainer events happen in the month to further embed a teamwork ethic. Just in 2016 the team took part at the Offshore Technology Conference, the largest oil and gas trade show in the US.
- People: Being part of an international business, you can reach beyond the boundaries of your location and tap into company's broader knowledge base. With over 40 years' experience in the oil and gas industry our teams' collective capability makes us a specialist recruiter with a respected reputation. The team demonstrates a real meritocratic success based culture, over 60% of the team has been promoted at least once over the last 2 years.
Please send your CV to Lindsay Sher at or call 1 832 548 0613
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Petroplan Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Ref No: BBBH64