Senior Recruitment Consultant - Midstream/LNG/Downstream
Location: Houston, Texas
Your Boss: Regional Director - responsible for Petroplan's overall business performance in the USA
About Us: Petroplan has a great reputation as a global specialist recruiter of professionals working in the oil, gas and energy industry. We haven't diluted our offer even when times have been tough - and they still are. We remain committed to finding work for the people who are dedicated to their industry and craft. We are too - we are the people experts in our industry. And we also like to have a life! So if the sociable and outdoor lifestyle is for you read on.
Why become an employee at Petroplan USA:
- Location: Our offices are modern and spacious, the local team is a great example of the opportunities for career progression at Petroplan, as a many of the team started out in our other international offices. With Petroplan's approach to flexible working, you can work your hours in order to finish earlier on a Friday, Monday through to Thursday 7am till 4.30pm, ending your week at 12 on a Friday lunchtime. This approach makes it easy to take advantage of Houston's great eateries, microbreweries and climate. If you like to travel, you can reach Mexico, Las Vegas, Miami and the Rockies in 2 hours by plane or the cool capital of Austin by car. Most of all you get to work in THE Global Oil and Gas Hub where we have a strong client base and established reputation.
- International Benefits: As a UK based employer, our Texan team receive company wide-benefits as well as locally relevant incentives. As well as offering 100% paid medical, dental and vision cover, 21 days' vacation; we also offer monthly incentives and rewards.
- Keep learning: Attending industry networking and training conferences is also encouraged and regular train the trainer events happen in the month to further embed a teamwork ethic. Just in 2016 the team took part at the Offshore Technology Conference, the largest oil and gas trade show in the US.
- Get involved: Petroplan also encourages the team to take part in charity and external voluntary work. Recent support was for charities that included a team participating in the MS150 Bike Ride and contributing towards to Toys for Tots charity. We have also recently created a CSR committee which consults the team about local fundraising activities and plans a schedule of CSR events going forward.
- People: Being part of an international business, you can reach beyond the boundaries of your location and tap into company's broader knowledge base. With over 40 years' experience in the oil and gas industry our teams' collective capability makes us a specialist recruiter with a respected reputation. The team demonstrates a real meritocratic success based culture, over 60% of the team has been promoted at least once over the last 2 years.
Is this role for you?
You actually like working in an LNG recruitment role. Identifying talented candidates and convincing them and an employer that they belong together. What's more you enjoy convincing people at oil and gas employers who may have career opportunities that you and your team can solve their hiring headaches.
You're good at:
- Creating a profit from recruitment
- Networking with hiring managers and senior people at employers
- Building strong candidate relationships based on trust and understanding of their career goals
- Keeping on top of monthly activity measurement objectives
And even better at:
- Negotiating fees that are fair but profitable
- Making your colleagues smile
- Managing your own brand
Don't apply if:
You have never worked as a recruiter in the LNG or have less than 2-4 years' agency recruitment experience within LNG
Call Lindsay Sher on 1 832 548 0613 or email [email protected]
Petroplan Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Ref No: BBBH59