Offshore Surveyor Services (night shift, Onboard Vessel) 28/28 Rotation
The service holder is responsible, to assist and follow up the preparation of the Vessel Survey activities for SURF package with all stakeholders (SURF project team & CONTRACTOR) and to follow up, manage and supervise offshore survey activities.
The service holder reports directly to the Day Shift Survey Supervisor on board the vessel.
The service holder is also accountable for demonstrating an exemplary behaviour with regard to HSE and Compliance to rules & requirements and to follow up and ensure implementation within his area of responsibility.
Missions / Service dimensions
Within the framework of international, local regulations and company rules, the service holder is responsible for the preparation, supervision and the coordination of all the operational aspects related to preparatory and survey activities associated to the SURF package:
- Ensures COMPANY HSE standards are applied throughout the operations;
- Assists supporting and enforcing the HSE Project objectives and directives;
- Assists supporting and implementing the Project HSE management system (plans, procedure and specifications).
- Supervise the vessel survey operations executed by CONTRACTOR on board Vessel;
- Collects and endorses all survey data on board the Pipelay Barge and as required;
- Supervises CONTRACTOR surveyor team for all survey, positioning and installation operation conducted on/from the Vessel ensuring they are performed in a safe manner according to relevant project approved procedures;
- Assists Vessel RSES and Main Offshore Survey Company Representative as required.
- To be informed of the appropriate Company / Project Rules and Specifications
(CR's/GS's/PPS's), international norms and standards, taking knowledge from them to application to the Project;
- Review and assess the quality of all field reports submitted by the survey contractor offshore;
- To collect the associated raw data, assess them offshore if possible, and transmit them to the Main Offshore Survey Company Representative and onshore survey support team for further analysis, as required;
- To ensure that all necessary data are duly collected in a timely manner by the survey contractor offshore following the Field coordinate handbook and data management approved procedure;
- To collect the as-built reports and the field reports carried out each day, to file them properly on
board and make them available for Vessel RSES and Main Offshore Survey Company;
- To inform Main Offshore Survey Company Representative about all shortcomings, problems and/or major defects detected in survey works;
- To ensure the technical exchange with the survey contractor offshore in order to make sure
that the survey services are carried-out as per specifications and approved procedures and liaise with CONTRACTOR on survey issues;
- During the mobilisation phase, assess the capability and skilfulness of the contractor surveyors;
- Verify and ensure that the navigation sensors are duly calibrated according to Company specifications;
- Verify and ensure the offsets of the sensors have been professionally assessed by the survey sub-contractor;
- Verify and ensure the DGPS and the DP vessel (if applicable) have been duly tested before starting operations;
- Verify and ensure that the survey contractor implements the quality control as per specification requirements;
- Assess the survey procedure and manuals;
- To ensure confidentiality of all the documentation produced (whatever its support)
- Prepare comprehensive and complete Hand-over for his back to back;
Petroplan is the trusted global recruitment solutions partner for clients and professionals in the oil, gas and energy sector. Our mission is to explore with you, seeking optimum talent solutions for our clients and the very best opportunities for our candidates.
Bringing over 40 years' experience, providing experts and professionals into roles across the energy sector from Engineering, Exploration and Production, O&M projects to Corporate & Commercial. Specialist industry & technical knowledge makes our team true experts.
1000s of placements in more than 40 countries for over 180 clients across 65 disciplines
Led today by a predominantly female Board of Directors who provide strong leadership and demand consistency of service to ensure clients receive unrivalled service levels and quality candidates to meet their specific needs. This leadership ethos is underpinned by a positive and client led management structure.
Ref No: BBBH36661