|Lead Planner/Scheduler (Contract) -
This contractor position will be at the Bagdad mine jobsite in Arizona.
Manages and oversees scheduling function within project controls functional area for moderate to high-risk capital engineering and construction projects. Responsible for project planning and scheduling, monitoring, progress measurement, risk management and reporting. Manages planning team members reporting to the Project Controls Manager. Participates in establishing operating policies to mitigate risk. Provides guidance and consultation for project team members. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks.
- Guide and direct resolution of project difficulties and complex project control issues. Strong analytical skills required to review all project controls information and ensure accuracy as well as identify issues, concerns and potential mitigations
- Interact with the Project Management team and Corporate team in the development of the project schedule and participate in regular project meetings. Gather information, conduct analysis and prepare reports and presentations of information to communicate potential issues and concerns as needed on the project. Integrate multiple schedules into a master project schedule.
- Identify, determine and communicate design changes, scope changes, schedule slippages and potential impacts and participate in the identification of mitigations. Ensure trends of cost and schedule are identified, well documented and ensure the change management process is followed and communicate and suggest corrective actions
- Coordinate with cross functional team in project setting, ensure project controls team members are interfacing with engineering, procurement, contracts and construction on concepts and relationships to the scope of work.
- Manage project baseline process for schedule and participate in progress measurement as well as forecasting of final schedule throughout the project. Ensure all planning is conducted in accordance with company standards and procedures and that schedule version control processes, policies, and procedures are followed.
- Analyze critical path and constraints to determine effect of changes to schedule and recommend mitigations and potential work-arounds
- Participate in risk management; this includes identification, documentation, mitigation and tracking of potential risks on the project. In addition determine potential schedule/progress impacts of potential risks as they are identified
- Mentor and lead other project planner/scheduling members, ensure project planning team is staffed appropriately, conduct regular staff performance reviews and manage any staffing issues that may arise
- Conduct analysis to determine alternative courses of action or recovery on slippages identified in schedule
Nature of work: Works on complex issues and is responsible to implement solution. Leads and directs the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
Level of interaction: Leads the department or work group with interaction with external piers in various departments to ensure cross coordination between groups.
Autonomy/decision making: Works under very limited to no supervision and has latitude to set objectives, priorities and timelines impacting the project controls team.
Budgetary responsibility: Has moderate budgetary responsibility
Managerial responsibility: Leads planning work group and at times provides support in management of the project controls team.
Language Skills, Certifications and/or Training
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Business or related fields and ten (10) years' experience in Construction Management, at least six (6) years of experience in a leadership role in project controls OR
- High School diploma or GED and fifteen (15) years' experience in engineering, construction, project controls or business related field with at least six (6) years of experience in a leadership role in project controls planning and scheduling
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Fluency in English
- Broad knowledge of the principles and practices of heavy industrial construction
- Ability to research and analyze information of considerable difficulty and draw valid conclusions
- Skill in effective communication, both verbal and written, including the ability to actively listen and to adapt behavior and communication style based upon the audience
- Ability to develop and maintain awareness of occupational hazards and safety precautions
- Skill in following safety practices, and recognizing, controlling and/or eliminating hazards Ability to build trust and credibility with employees/peers and establish common goals and expectations
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience with construction of metal mining operations, especially with regards all disciplines of construction.
- Experience with construction mega projects.
- Preferred experience working on Combined Cycle Power Plants and/or LNG projects.
- Experience with cost estimating for civil projects, project scheduling and project controls
- Skilled in related scheduling software (Primavera, MS Project, etc. )