Senior Project Accountant - Safford, AZ (Contract)
This position will be located at the project site in Safford, AZ
· Construction project accounting, forecasting, budgeting, and accruals
· Coordinate accounting and financial activities and projects across multiple business units
· Assist in preparing management reports and ad hoc requests
· Review and perform reconciliations on service orders and purchase orders
· Perform other duties as required
· SAP Project module WBS codes review and reconciliation
· Experience in technical accounting research, preparing financial statements and related disclosures
· Strong knowledge of Financial Accounting Standards (FAS)
· Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
· Ability to analyze and interpret root causes of financial results, variances, and financial trends
· Skill in effective communication, both verbal and written
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook) and Financial systems experience
· Strong analytical skills and ability to work independently
· Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects
· Self-starter with the ability to handle multiple priorities
· Ability to work with general office equipment such as computer and keyboard, facsimile machine, photocopier and calculator
· Ability to manage and lead major projects and coordinate activities outside the work team
· Capable of making good decisions that will enforce the company policies, which are in accordance with applicable regulations and procedures
· Ability to work overtime as required
· Ability to develop and maintain awareness of occupational hazards and safety precautions
· Skill in following safety practices and recognizing hazards
· Construction Project Accounting Experience
· Ability to interact and work with multiple disciplines at Mine site
· Work remotely at Construction job site
· Able to meet strict deadlines
· Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or closely related discipline and five (5) years' experience in Accounting, Financial Analysis or closely related area, OR Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or closely related discipline and three (3) years' experience as an Accountant for a public accounting firm
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.