Contract Administrator - Mining Project
Location: On site- Bagdad AZ - 4 week on 1 week off rotation with all weekends off. 50 hours per week.
Contract: 2-3 years project. 12 month rolling contracts with be offered.
The Subcontracts Administrator administers large, complex subcontracts. Maintains a continuing review of the progress of each subcontract and provides management with information regarding any financial, legal or technical difficulties. Prepares change order and amendments, negotiates with subcontractors and customers to obtain settlement.
- Gathers and compiles data essential to the formation and administration of subcontracts.
- Performs bidder prequalification, bidder lists, bid solicitation, bid analysis, negotiation, and award of more complex subcontracts (including engineered material / equipment installation) and other subcontracts platforms, such as master and basic ordering agreements.
- Reviews scope requirements prepared by requisitioning organization.
- Performs administration of subcontracts, such as labor requirements (such as service contract act), monitor areas of subcontract performance and resolution of invoices and non-conformances.
- Reviews, analyzes, and negotiates terms & conditions and price, and must understand best business practices.
- Conducts investigations and inquiries into specific subcontract problems and may assist in claims research.
- Assists with developing and monitoring subcontract master pro-forma documents.
- Maintains working relationships with project subcontracts personnel and project discipline personnel in order to perform assigned duties.
- Maintains working relationships with subcontractors involved with the performance of assigned tasks.
- Reviews and develops other commercial and technical data prepared by Engineering, Maintenance, Operations, and other procurement functional groups.
- Prepares, maintains and monitors project bidder's lists, ensuring input is received from all acquisitions functions and other operational groups.
- Forms, issues, administers, and closeout subcontracts (including Fixed Priced, Cost Reimbursable Basic Ordering and Master Agreements). Communicates with subcontractors to achieve required service, meet project needs, and resolution of discrepancies. Communicates with project personnel to assist and/or guide them in the preparation of requisitions and communicates with technical representative for monitoring work activities and finance in processing invoice approvals, and subcontractors to resolve discrepancies.
- Directs negotiations in the commitment of Subcontracts, following review and approval of the proposed negotiating plan by the designated supervisor.
- It is a condition of employment to wear company issued PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) in accordance with supervisory direction and company policy.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Qualification And Skills
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university and minimum 4 years of experience or 8 years of equivalent industry experience in-lieu of a degree.
- Proficiency and experience in the formation and administration of subcontracts.
- Proficiency in all phases of subcontracts including knowledge of and skill in communicating effectively with suppliers/subcontractors, bidder prequalification, preparation of bidder's lists, compilation of bid requests, knowledge of applicable commercial legislation, negotiation of contracted terms and conditions, and award of commitments.
- Proficiency in the administration of commitments, monitoring subcontractor performance, associated labor laws, and the resolution of claims and disputes.
- Skilled in working with and communicating effectively both orally and in writing with other project functional groups, primarily Engineering, Construction, Project Management and other services.
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.