A Process Engineer at the Refinery will support and troubleshoot the restart of the Refinery as well as support the operating units. This position requires an experienced, self-motivated individual.
This position is responsible to provide advanced process engineering and technical support to plant operations. As a process engineer, you will be responsible for identifying production opportunities, implementing plant improvement projects, and troubleshooting production issues using innovative data analysis and solutions.
* Performs advanced engineering calculations (i.e., mass balances, energy balances, catalyst life tracking, conversion calculations) to optimize equipment and product quality.
* Gathers, analyzes, interprets, acts upon and disseminates pertinent unit operations data that monitors the performance of the unit.
* Makes recommendations to improve unit yield, improve catalyst life and/or optimize energy consumption.
* Applies intensive and diversified knowledge of engineering principles and practices
* Makes decisions independently on engineering problems and methods to rapidly correct or improve process issues.
* Maintains awareness of all Safety, Health and Environmental issues that impact the unit, refinery, and personnel.
* Evaluates the economic feasibility of projects assigned and provides Process Engineering services during engineering, construction, and start-up of projects.
Must have qualifications
* Bachelor's Degree in Chemical Engineering
* Minimum 5 years of professional process engineering experience
* Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Desktop Applications
* Experience with PI
* Effectively communicate to all levels of the organization
* Attention to detail
Must have qualifications
* Professional Engineer
* Experience related to major project commissioning & start-ups
* Experience with SAP or other Business Enterprise Software
* Process simulation experience with HYSYS
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.