Petroplan is seeking a Production Metering Manager to join an Integrated Production Excellence Team on behalf of a growing LNG Company with headquarters in the US. This position will be located in Arlington, Virginia, with required travel to Louisiana.
Develop, implement, and maintain a Metering and Measurements Management System for the LNG Facility and deliver the following objectives -
- Ensure all meters and measurements operate to the required design.
- Ensure that the uncertainty of the metering and measurements system is maintained through the meters and measurements Lifecyle:
- All measurements are healthy and operate within design range and uncertainty
- Ensure that all metering and measurements system certification and calibration documentation are properly managed as part of the Company's Documents Management System
- Ensure that the meters operational and maintenance procedures are documented and fit for purpose
- All meters are calibrated and inspected on a regular basis.
- Ensure maximum Reliability of the metering and measurements system
- Deliver the Production surveillance and monitoring requirements to support Real time Surveillance and Optimization
- Develop a process to communicate mis-measurements and system changes with key stakeholders
- Measurement Accuracy: Ensure that all metering systems comply with industry standards and regulatory requirements.
- Bachelor's degree in Instrumentation & Control, Process, Chemical Engineering or Electromechanical Engineering
- Technical Authority with 5 to 10 years' experience working on instrumentation, measurements and metering with a demonstrated track record of managing Metering and Measurements Management Systems
- Oil and Gas experience is required, with strong preference to LNG
- petrochemical, NGL, cryogenic natural gas processing, or other hydrocarbon processing experience may be acceptable
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability in managing internal and external stakeholders
Specifications of the Role:
- Collect, analyze, and interpret metering data to identify any discrepancies or anomalies.
- Prepare regular reports on metering and measurements performance and uncertainties for key stakeholders
- Collaborate with Engineering, Operations, and Maintenance to maximize metering and measurements efficiency to optimize LNG production.
- Identify areas for improvement, propose modifications to the metering and measurements system through Management of Change (MoC), and implement solutions to enhance accuracy and reliability.
- Work with Maintenance and Contract & Procurements to ensure that there is a suitable set of spares and contracts with suppliers and manufacturers to maintain a high reliability of the metering system
- Maintain accurate documentation of metering systems, calibration records, maintenance logs, and relevant operational procedures.
- Ensure records are up-to-date and accessible for audits or reporting purposes.
- Collaborate with equipment vendors and service providers to ensure the timely procurement, maintenance, and repair of metering equipment.
- Evaluate vendor performance and negotiate contracts as needed.
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.