This is a one-year contract opportunity in Lima, OH.
- Proper setup, maintenance, and reporting of project cost information
- Track performance against approved budgets, future commitments, and actual costs
- Support requisitions, WBS & CBS planning, and financial closeout.
- Identify deviations or issues, forecast future spending, and report results to key stakeholders.
- Implementation and execution of the cost management program for assigned projects/portfolio.
- Facilitation and the development of cost estimates/budgets and establishment of cost baselines.
- Implementation of change management practices and proactively capturing associated cost impacts.
- Development of dashboards and presentations to communicate cost performance to teams in real-time.
- Implementation of a standardized suite of cost reports that empower project managers to maintain control of projects and enable senior management to make data-driven decisions.
- Perform trend analyses and proactively evaluate project cost performance to identify potential risk areas, validate forecasts, and communicate those quickly to key stakeholders.
- Work with key stakeholders to identify project risks and lead the cost contingency management process for assigned projects based on a quantitative risk assessment.
- Lead ad-hoc cost studies that enable rapid decision-making based on payback, rate of return, etc.
- Certified Cost Engineer (CCE)/Certified Cost Controller (CCC) from AACEI - Association for the Advancement of Cost Engineering International
- B.S. Degree in Business/Finance/Engineering/Construction Management (or similar), or applicable experience in lieu of degree
- 5-10 years' experience in project controls/project cost management
- Experience working on the owner's side, while working with EPC contractors
- Project change management - change logs, forms, and supporting documents
- Knowledge of SAP and/or other similar cost management software used in the Oil & Gas industry
- Working knowledge of Industrial/Refining/Chemical construction process & contract delivery
- Can calculate earned value
- Understands Primavera and Microsoft Project schedules
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.