The Scheduler reports to the Arlington, VA-based Director of Planning and Scheduling and is responsible for providing detailed planning and scheduling for the EPC, Marine, Commissioning and Operations Start Up scopes of work. The role will be part of the corporate Project Controls team that will be performing detailed controls audit functions for all scopes of work associated with the facility and pipeline construction. The role will be based at the Fabrication Yard in Corpus Christi, TX with up to 20% travel to various locations and the home office in Arlington, VA.
- In coordination with the Corporate Lead Scheduler, develop detailed and summary EPC, Pipeline, Marine, and Commissioning & Start Up schedules
- Review and analyze site work-hour resources, equipment resources and production rates, collaborate with EPC, Pipeline and Marine reported data
- Review and contribute to detailed site plans and time scaled charts and diagrams
- Monitor project site progress against an established baseline for EPC, Pipeline and Marine scopes of work
- Audit reported EPC and Marine project progress on site and compare against plan and forecast
- Serve as Focal point for Operations during initial planning sessions and into detail schedule development
- Provide impact analysis of scope or sequencing changes, identify opportunities and proactively develop mitigation strategies for the Project Management team for the EPC, Pipeline and Marine scopes of work
- Understand and monitor the execution of key interfaces between various scopes of work, including owner furnished equipment and pipeline construction and commissioning through first line fill
- Review third-party design and/or construction schedules and communicate relationships to interfaces with other project parties
- Provide progress reporting documents and briefing materials as required
- Possesses master schedule understanding and appreciation for phased completion strategies
- A Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, Engineering or any related field.
- Minimum 5 years planning and/or construction capital project experience in oil and gas, prefer owner's experience.
- Demonstrated experience with the design and construction of large-scale, complex projects, including understanding a robust progress reporting methodology.
- Demonstrated ability to understand a demanding, technical and complicated construction program; and the ability to communicate progress and issues to a technical- and management-level audience.
- Experience with reviewing and interpreting Primavera P6 project schedules
- Experience assessing and auditing project schedules and physical progress.
- Effective oral and written communication skills, with an ability to communicate complex issues to a non-technical audience.
- Familiarity with Acumen Fuse, Microsoft Visio and Power BI preferred.
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.