The Business Operations Specialist is expected to have significant experience with all tasks assigned and to perform those duties with minimal supervision. The Specialist is responsible for executing various business functions to control daily cross-departmental operations as well as upholding the integrity and security of all IT platforms and systems. This role is key in assisting the successful execution and implementation of ongoing and upcoming projects.
The successful candidate assures tasks are completed in a timely, efficient, and profitable manner while maintaining employee and customer satisfaction, as well as continual improvement efforts and daily collaboration with other company department members. A must for solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Systems administrator for all professional applications including SharePoint, Office365, Azure Active Directory tenant, and non-Company provided IT applications
- Serve as IT liaison with Cmapny's IT to receive consultation on troubleshooting, implementing policies/automated flows, and tenant compliance
- Propose and implement system enhancements based on user experience and feedback
- Assist with system migrations or SharePoint restructuring requests
- Perform regular evaluation of IT helpdesk ticketing system and analysis of trends; provide recommendations to better optimize the employee experience
- Create and administer training for new users, communicate platform updates, and advocate systems engagement through presentations and general Q&A sessions
- Work with the Company's IT to maintain shared mailboxes and distribution lists
- Control permissions requests, grant/remove accesses, maintain record of existing accesses, and uphold the integrity and security of all platforms and systems.
Procurement & Shipping Logistics
- Engage trusted third-party vendors to procure project and non-project related hardware, software, and licenses for the successful installation and implementation of our technology, including requesting quotes, performing price comparisons, and creating and submitting purchase orders
- Manage internal and external correspondence between the involved parties regarding equipment specifications, warranty coverage, order statuses, terms and conditions, and delivery schedule to ensure a positive outcome for the various stakeholders
- Research modes of transportation, insurance, international shipment requirements, and cost for larger-scale freight and cross-continental shipments
- Serve as POC from shipment to contractual delivery point to the ensure successful delivery of equipment and communicate any defects/damage incurred in transit where necessary
- Control project and non-project records and inventory of purchased equipment/software for revenue recognition and reference of in-house equipment; maintain procurement templates and forms
- Identify and apply continuous improvement measures to the procurement and shipping processes as business needs scale
- Control and organize our in-house Lab by managing order point quantities, inventory check-in/out requests, space delegation, and reallocation of equipment to projects
- Perform monthly cycle counts to ensure on-hand inventory is reflected accurately for testing, project commissioning, and revenue recognition purposes
- Create and implement best practices to manage inventory materials, processes, and flows
- Control and track employee IT assets during onboarding and offboarding
- Register new vendors, maintain vendor records, and track invoices, contracts, and correspondence to designated systems
- Cultivate productive working relationships to establish rapport and trust in knowing we are being provided the highest quality work, products, and services
- Control and inform status of all effective, pending, and expired legal vendor agreements including NDAs, MOUs, and Services/Software Agreements
- Perform on/offboarding tasks for new/former members by granting/removing accesses, distributing/maintaining materials, and coordinating proper IT set up/equipment retrieval
- Control, preserve, and communicate updated process documentation for newly created procedures, enhanced materials/systems, and advanced process flows
- Manage and keep up-to-date administrative records for universal reference and reliance
- Manage team calendar and shared mailboxes for important conferences, work travel, out of office reminders, and holiday reminders
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.