The Safety Technician will provide Health, Safety, Environment & Security support, guidance and leadership to the assigned site(s). This includes ensuring compliance with applicable HSSE regulations and company standards, as well as tracking performance trends and implementing improvements to existing protocols. This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Essential Job Functions
- Assist in ensuring site compliance with federal, state and local HSE&S (Health, Safety, Environment & Security) regulations and policies and standards, including security.
- Champion company-wide safety initiatives/campaigns, procedures, programs, and overall company HSSE culture.
- Support the development, implementation, maintenance and improvement of a comprehensive HSE & S program and related management systems for site(s)
- Identify and evaluate HSSE risks in site operations and implement improvements to reduce and/or eliminate those hazards.
- Participate in and/or lead incident investigations to ensure a thorough Root Cause Analysis is completed for all HSSE incidents.
- Ensure closure of HSSE corrective actions from incidents, audits, etc.
- Provide HSE&S related guidance and training for all employees, 3rd party / agency employees, trade contractors and visitors.
- Employ HSE&S awareness techniques, including toolbox talks, safety meetings and safety alerts; enhance employee engagement
- Conduct various HSSE audits and inspections.
- Be a company administrator of HSSE databases to ensure accuracy and comprehensiveness of related data.
- Participate on cross-functional teams, partner with peers and support all HSSE initiatives
- Assist Plant Managers as required in all areas of operations as it relates to HSSE.
- Maintain a strong presence onsite through site walk-throughs, inspections, etc.
- Be a resource to all personnel seeking HSSE support and guidance.
- Expected travel to be approximately 25%.
- Position may periodically work/response outside of normal work hours.
- Other duties as assigned by HSSE management
Educational and Skills Requirements
- Accredited degree/certification in related field (4-year, Vocational Tech, etc.).
- Previous HSE job experience considered a plus.
- Knowledge of HSE&S (Health, Safety, Environment & Security) regulations, e.g. OSHA, EPA, DOT, DHS
- Ability to work well within a team to continually push HSSE improvements.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite Products (Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
Physical Demands and Work Environment
· Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to
this job at any time;
· This description reflects management's assignment of essential functions, it does not proscribe or restrict the
tasks that may be assigned; or
· This job description is subject to change at any time.
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.