We are currently working with a US Based organization that provides refineries, gas processing and petrochemical plants a wide variety of catalyst services and products.
The Plant Engineer primarily oversees the process within the Plant. The ideal candidate would be able to oversee, recommend, and implement new processes and utilization of operations and equipment. They will also be responsible for providing a wide array of engineering knowledge and skills for related projects, proposals, processes, etc.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Pre-approve and monitor jobs around the facility and make recommendations wherever need be
- Works alongside various members of the team including, production manager, customer service, warehouse managers, sales, and other key personnel.
- Maintain a visible daily presence to stay informed and assist in troubleshooting any issues that arise
- Serves as the back-up for the Production Manager.
- Must be leader in Plant Safety compliance and driving safe behavior within the operation.
- Works very closely with Shift Supervisor's and Operators on a daily basis, and oversees the technical troubleshooting within the Plant.
- Analyzes lab and production parameters and data to both resolve technical issues, and improve production.
- Conducts well documented technical trials on the process and writes reports on these trials as needed.
- Works closely with R&D team to develop new products and to improve existing products.
- Perform support work and troubleshooting work in the pilot lab.
- Attend and participate in meetings and planning sessions that involve Plant operations.
- Works with accounting team to finalize monthly utility usage.
- Be a key contributor on special projects and capital projects as assigned.
- Involved in training process for newly hired Operators; will also train Shift Supervisors and A Operators on new technical processes and procedures as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree (B. S.) from four-year college or university in Chemical, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering; or equivalent combination of some education plus 2-3 years of experience.
- 2-3 years operations experience; preferably in an Oil & Gas, Catalyst, or Chemical Manufacturing
- Computer skills including but not limited to: Inventory Management System, Microsoft Suite, Outlook
- Experience in ISO-9001 a plus.
- Professional Engineer certification not required, but a plus.
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com
Ref No: BBBH29650