Petroplan is seeking an experienced Contracts & Procurement Project Manager for a major energy company based in Houston, TX.
The Contracts & Procurement PM is primarily responsible for assisting the Chief Engineering and Construction Officer in administering EPC and other primary contracts and managing all project procurement activities.
The PM - Contracts and Procurement is responsible for leading the procurement team in procurement planning, analysis and execution of purchasing strategies as well as managing the EPC Contract and leading the contracts team in contract management, negotiation, and change management while ensuring contract compliance.
PM - Contracts and Procurement initiates, tracks and monitors contract changes, deliverables, correspondence and risks, and maintains associated documentation. Uses standardized processes and tools to blend contract compliance with commercial know-how and practicality and focuses on contract compliance and risk mitigation, protecting and enhancing margins.
* Develops and leads teams to manage the EPC contract and other large contracts and to handle all project related procurement activities. Ensures all purchasing activities are conducted in accordance with proper procedures and protocols and ensures all Contracts are managed in accordance with contract provisions to maintain compliance.
* Oversees the development of and maintenance of a Procurement Plan and works with the leadership team to satisfy the changing needs of the project.
* Develops and implements contract management, change management and procurement protocols. Develops and integrates contract management and procurement tools, templates, methods and processes for the engagement. Assesses customers/stakeholders needs. Develops contractual requirements /specifications. Utilizes established templates for solicitation of product/services required. Assures all pre-determined timelines are met.
* Reviews the EPC Contractors purchasing activities and approves or comments on Major Supply Agreements and Major Purchase Orders. Involved in supplier audits and site visits.
* Researches contractor / vendor/ supplier capabilities. Identifies a pool of candidate contractors / vendors / suppliers for project consideration.
* Manages the competitive bidding and selection process. Works with team to analyze submitted bids against established selection criteria. Formalizes information in preparation for negotiations. Sets negotiation targets to achieve maximum value.
* With support of the procurement and contract team, negotiates contract terms, pricing and payment schedules, ensuring that the agreements with vendors/suppliers are commercially advantageous.
* Ensures that the supplier selection is consistent with the sourcing strategy and established selection criteria and follows company protocols.
* Collaborates with other members of joint venture, or appropriate Stakeholders, as needed, to engage knowledge experts with a particular product category. Engages them in contract strategy discussions as appropriate.
* Intervenes, analyzes, manages and resolves business conflicts between the company and the vendors/suppliers.
* Participates in leadership meetings to provide the commercial input on strategic discussions.
* Manages ongoing life cycle of the agreement including any potential amendments to product/service price and/or terms and conditions, contract performance against commitments, and compliance to agreed terms.
* Prepares presentations for Management and stakeholders on the EPC Contract and overall project procurement.
* Presents regularly to management on commercial issues and highlights items of interest on the contracts and procurement functions.
* Proactively identifies savings/value opportunities throughout the life cycle of the contract. Collaborates with all areas of joint venture to ensure vendor partners are effectively managed and contract is fully leveraged.
* Typically requires a Bachelor's Degree in business.
* Requires a minimum of 8 years of related professional experience in energy and contracts management. Minimum 6 years contract management experience. LNG experience is a plus.
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com
Ref No: BBBH29587