This position will safely and efficiently maintain compliance to support ongoing
environmental efforts to assist landfills by reducing pollution and greenhouse
gases produced by landfills.
General requirements Preferred Qualifications for this position include:
* College Bachelor's Degree in Engineering/Sciences
* NSPS and environmental regulation knowledge
* Experience working outdoors in the environmental industry
Safety Requirements Compliance with federal/state/local law, industry and client standards, and
company safety policies.
Essential Job Functions * Collect, manage, and interpret data from wellfield extraction points
and environmental monitoring locations using a Gas Chromatograph
or Elkins Earth Works Analyzer (Envision)
* Input data collected in field and complete daily activity logs, checklists,
forms, in Excel and Word
* Develop understanding of environmental regulations that pertain to
GCCS (Gas Collection and Control System) operations and develop the
ability to work within an environmentally regulated industry.
* Troubleshoot pneumatic pumps throughout field
* Troubleshoot, inspect and repair equipment and machinery
* Miscellaneous errands (equipment and vehicle maintenance and
cleaning, non-routine tasks, etc.)
* Other duties and tasks as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities * Required to exert physical effort in handling objects up to 50 pounds:
* Required to work outdoors for approximately 90% of each workday,
work involves exposure to dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes, or
* Required to walk over steep and rough terrain for considerable
* You will be working in a Landfill Environment
* Work exceptionally with peers, project managers and various team
* Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and written
* Demonstrated good judgment, attention to detail, analytical thinking
and problem-solving abilities
* Remarkable work ethic and initiative
* Extensive visual and auditory observation during work.
* Write and read job-related notes via email, etc.
* Climbing up to 10 feet, standing, bending, stooping
* Must have a minimum of 2 years of Landfill Gas experience
* Follow all site-specific rules
* Ability to be on call
* Ability to work overtime and weekends when needed
* Successfully pass a pre-employment (post offer) drug screen,
background check, and motor vehicle records check (must have a
clean driving record)
* Ability to operate ATV
* Must be eligible to be legally employed in the U.S.
* Ability to use Microsoft Office products
Equipment that will be provided:
* General Equipment & Supplies
* All-terrain vehicle (ATV)
* Tools (hand and power)
* Meters and instruments:
* Portable gas analyzer
* Multi-gas monitor (CO, H2S), Oxygen analyzer, etc.
* Personal computer, Operating and equipment manuals, Cell
* Safety protection equipment
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.