In this position, you will lay out, fit and weld a large variety of metal items including welding of exotic materials using multiple processes typically TIG and Stick welding.
Combo Welder Responsibilities
- Selects equipment and plans layout, assembly and welding, applying knowledge of geometry, physical properties of metal machining, weld shrinkage and welding techniques.
- Lays out, positions, aligns and fits components together.
- Bolts, clamps and tack-welds parts to secure in position for welding.
- Sets up equipment and welds parts together using arc, gas shielded arc, submerged arc or gas welding equipment.
- Uses a variety of arc and gas welding equipment.
- Obtains specified electrode and inserts into portable holder or threads consumable electrode wire through portable welding gun.
- Connects cables from welding unit to obtain amperage, voltage, slope and pulse.
- Starts power supply to produce electric current.
- Strikes arc that generates heat to melt and deposit metal from electrode to work piece and join edges of work piece.
- Welds in flat, horizontal, vertical and overhead positions.
- Examines weld for bead size and other specifications.
Combo Welder Qualifications:
- High school diploma
- Working knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Work within precise limits or standards of accuracy.
- Make decisions based on measurable criteria.
- Visualize objects in three dimensions from plans and drawings.
- Compare and see differences in the size, shape and form of lines, figures and objects.
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com
Ref No: BBBH29487