Our client who is a leading Oil and Gas Operator are currently looking for a Procurement Team Leader / Supervisor on a permanent basis in Denver, Colorado.
Reporting to the manager, supply chain management (SCM), you will be responsible for leading end-to-end SCM processes including procurement, planning, scheduling and coordinating for materials and services. You will also be accountable for building strong relationships with all stakeholders, resolving performance issues, sponsoring process improvements and initiating/implementing procurement strategies and channels.
- Lead a team of procurement coordinators and specialists to support maintenance and operational activities within the business, providing leadership and mentorship to ensure efficient and cost effective procurement
- Drive compliance within supply operations and the business with SCM policies, processes, procedures, and strategies
- Analyze and steward critical metrics and drive action plans to improve compliance and efficiency
- Lead implementation of supply strategies for day to day site procurement
- Work with category management and other partners to maintain alignment on business priorities and ensure timely delivery of procurement strategies
- Demonstrate ownership and leadership to resolve issues and assist the team in critical and expedited procurement
- Maintain relationships with suppliers, lead the execution of our spend for the assigned business areas, and provide guidance on contractors' performance and cost reduction activities
- Set clear performance and development goals, providing regular and effective performance feedback to the supply chain operations team members
- Minimum Eight years of experience in Supply Chain / Procurement, a strong understanding of end-to-end business processes
- Minimum Three years of experience leading a team or in a Supervisor position
- Inventory management, and/or warehouse operations is an asset
- Ideally a background in Oil and Gas or Industrial / Construction
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in business or a designation in supply chain management
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, in particular Excel and PowerPoint
- Comfortable navigating within SAP
- Adaptable with strong organization skills to resolve conflicting priorities by remaining flexible in a dynamic environment
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to interact with senior leaders in the organization
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com
Ref No: BBBH31260