Specialist Panel Operator
Educational Level : University Graduated
Work Experience : Experience required minimum 10 years in NHDS, CCR, PENEX and AROMATIC
unit operation or relevant section with 3 years' experience as a Panel Operator, and
engaged in actual field operation for 3 years which includes not only routine
operation but also trouble-shooting, trial operation, preparation for daily and
Specialty/Qualification : Bachelor's degree in Petroleum, Petrochemical, Mechanical or equivalent.
Passionate dedication to maintaining safe operations enforcing strict
conformance with all government regulations, and applicable company
procedures and policies.
- Operation, commissioning and start-up of the petroleum & petrochemical
process including NHDS, CCR, PENEX and AROMATIC etc.
- Ability to teach skills to freshmen and exhibits patience.
- Report writing and presentation skills
- English skills TOEIC 600 or equivalent
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel and Outlook
Competency : Competency Common In particular
Achievement orientation * ?
Challenge * ?
Inter-personnel * ?
Professional skill, Knowledge * ?
Decision-making, Judgment * ?
Planning, Creativity * ?
Negotiation * ?
Development others * ?
Definition is described in "Competency reference of NSRP Performance Appraisal for Local hired".
Specialist Panel Operator has responsibility for performing all tasks assigned in a safe and responsible
manner in accordance with the established operating procedures and written and oral instructions from the Shift
Supervisor/ Specialist Shift Supervisor. He is responsible to actively supervise DCS Operators, and operate DCS
control console to coordinate and regulate process variables.
Section-1.2 has responsibility of the refinery petroleum & petrochemical process operation including
NHDS, CCR, PENEX and AROMATIC. Specialist Shift Supervisor is in charge of following duties:
- Specialize in above refinery operations
Specialist Panel Operator (S1.2)
Doc No.: Date: Rev No.: Page 2 of 2
- Have a considerable amount of experience in plant commissioning, startup, troubleshooting and
normal operation, especially DCS operation.
- Responsible for support of DCS Operators, and supervision of Lead operator, and Field Operators
together with DCS Operators. Specialist Panel Operator works very closely with DCS Operators to
convey their instruction to all Field Operators. They report to the Shift Supervisor and/or Specialist
- Read processing schedules, operating logs, test results of samples, and laboratory recommendations
to determine changes in equipment controls required to produce specified quantity and quality of
- Monitor the operating conditions constantly to ensure the quick resolution of abnormal operational
situations and set controls to adjust process variables, such as flows, temperatures and pressures.
- Responsible for recording, compiling, reporting and documenting operating data, and monitoring
- Coordinate the startup, shutdown and normal operations with the outside operators
- Perform basic calculations for determining process parameters and material balances.
- In the event of any incidents, evaluates the root causes and determines remedial actions and involves
the section manager, deputy section manager and shift supervisor when necessary.
- Participate in the development of training programs as well as building up the operation team and
ensuring their competence for the tasks in the assigned area.
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com
Ref No: BBBH32598