Our Client an Oil and Gas Operator require an TA Contract Engineer to be based in their Refinery in Vietnam. The position will be offered with an initial 2 year contract, negotiable monthly salary, along with accommodation, visas and Mob/Demob flights provided.
As Contract Engineer you'll be responsible for Pre-award Contract Engineering for an upcoming Turnaround project on a Refinery in Vietnam
- Ensure that all bidding activities are conducted properly and timely as the approved contract strategy in line with Overall Turnaround Schedule.
- Coordinate with other company's User departments in order to ensure building a strong contracting strategy and that the bidding schedules are met.
- Ensure that contract activities undertaken meet Vietnamese regulations and Company contracting procedures and policies.
- Ensure proper selection of bidders list and extensive negotiation, timely issuance of bid document, through evaluation and recommendation to appropriate approvals.
- Ensure the coordination with user department, legal advisor for preparing, reviewing of Invitation to Bid, tender document, contract term and condition, scope of work, technical specification and finalizing the contract as requested by Section Manager.
- Ensure all contractual documents are submitted by the contractor in accordance with the contract
- Ensure the availability of services, materials and equipment that meet the schedule, budget, specification, and quality as required by users.
- Support to Material & Services Team in ensure that year to year vendors/suppliers and contracts performance evaluation/feedback is provided timely and accurately to meet contracts KPI and goals.
- Support Turnaround Logistic Team to support Contractor's Personnel to obtain the required approvals to be able to come to Company to run the Turnaround according to the awarded scope.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related subject
- Extensive experience gained working on Turnaround Projects for Operating Companies
- Experience of Turnaround Procurement for Refinery or Petrochemical Plant
- Contract Management Certificate (FIDIC, MCIPS or Equivalent) is preferred
- Fluent in English, written and spoken
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.