Our client, an industry leading petrochemical-refinery company in Vietnam, is seeking an experienced Senior Static Equipment Engineer. Reporting to the Metallurgy Section Manager in the Asset Integrity division, the ideal candidate will possess extensive experience in field operation, including experience in troubleshooting, project management and preparation for both daily and turnaround maintenance.
Required background and qualifications:
- University Graduate in Mechanical Engineering or Equivalent
- Minimum 10 years' experience in Refinery and Petrochemicals, especially in engineering/mechanical/pressure equipment under boiler code fabrication
- Required: Specialized skills in piping circuits and international standards including:
- ASME VIII Div 1&2
- ISO 9001 standard and international inspection codes and standards
- Leadership ability to assume the role of Mechanical Technical Authority for design
- Expert knowledge of Materials Selection (fabrication and repair)
- Experience of common welded and bolted fabrication methods
- Expert knowledge of stress calculation (PV Elite and Finite Element Software Packages)
- Excellent knowledge of degradation mechanisms
- Knowledge of common crude oil refinery repairs according to ASME PCC2
- Ability to calculate Nozzle stress analysis on pressure equipment
- Experience in new build design of static equipment and process including SOW writing, technical queries, technical authority waiver issuance
Scope of the Role
- Report to the Metallurgy/Mechanical Section lead on an administrative level.
- Responsible to issue new-build and modifications to existing mechanical design, repair/replace for Projects, Maintenance and Process changes.
- Advise Maintenance staff on mechanical stability of repair strategies or approval of new fabricator procedures and modifications in engineering
- Control new fabricated design and ensure that new build /modifications follow the appropriate standard (ie ASME VIII, B31.3, B31.4, B31.8, EEMUA 159, NORSOK M101, AWS, NACE, DEPs)
- Develop NSRP standards, workflows and procedures with cooperation with other section/division and other processes according to NSRP management manual, included how to respond to incidence/failure regarding inspection activities.
- Plan, develop and present workshops.
- Design and approve appropriate work schedules for contractors and NSRP staff and plan daily work assignments in order to maintain an adequate personnel complement without excessive team sizes.
- Monitor quality control, quality assurance, safety and inspection control practices to assure compliance with internal and external standards (ASME, API, NORSOK).
- Guide, direct and motivate the less experienced engineers and operators including setting education and training and assessing their performance in association with their superior and the Human Resources Section
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.