Our client, an international oil and gas client, is looking for an umbilical engineer to work as a part of an engineering team to work on a range of subsea projects and operations.
Role and Responsibilities
- Prior experience in an umbilical engineer role, or equivalent subsea position.
- Review and approve the design performed by Contractor (including specifications, reports, calculation notes, analyses, drawings, datasheets, technical notes) of a subsea umbilical system and relevant ancillary equipment, ensuring that it meets project objectives, industry standards and best practice for safety, reliability and cost.
- Interface with Subsea Controls team
- Monitor the Vendor Contractor performance
- Monitor Umbilical Manufacturing and perform Site inspection and witnessing of testing activities in accordance to approved ITP.
- The umbilical engineer shall supervise testing activities, including ancillary equipment.
- Offshore Assistance during Umbilical Installation and Pre-commissioning activities on board Installation Vessels and/or FPSOs.
- Understand advancements within umbilical systems and any opportunities for advancement and deployment of key technologies in projects.
- Participate in various technical clarifications and reviews such as HAZID, HAZOP.
- Participate in the definition and attend FATs, Qualification tests and Site Integration Tests.
- Participate in studies of installation procedures.
Qualifications /Experience required
- Extensive experience working on Umbilical design within Subsea engineering
- Degree or equivalent in mechanical or subsea engineering discipline.
- Experience in design tool is not required but beneficial, such as: AutoCAD, Inventor
- Good knowledge on the umbilical installation processes and its required engineering interfaces
- Experience in Orcaflex is desirable.
- Strong understanding of SURF related disciplines;
- Capable of building knowledge of the company, processes and customers.
If you're an umbilical engineer, looking for a new challenge, please don't hesitate to apply now.
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com