The Process Control Engineer is responsible for providing engineering expertise in order to maximize the plant production, efficiency, safety and reliability. Provide timely and pro-active process control services related to the LNG complex, including control and safeguarding performance, monitoring and testing and process optimizations.
This position is located in Hackberry, Louisiana. Transportation Worker Identification Credentials (TWIC) is required.
- Front line panel operator problem diagnosis and resolution
- Coordinate/facilitate process control and safeguarding studies as required for minor capital projects and plant changes (MOCs).
- Promote and drive changes that contribute to increased plant reliability, efficiency and increased production
- Support implementation and maintenance of higher technologies in the plant; such as advanced process control, compressor controls, operator training simulator, operational data system
- Leads and/or participates in incident investigations as a subject matter expert. Uses RCA type investigative tools to determine real causes of incidents. Defines effective actions in order to prevent recurrence.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering
- Minimum of ten years plant engineering experience in LNG terminal and/or petrochemical/gas; Experience in LNG liquefaction facilities highly preferred.
- Broad experience with DCS controls, safeguarding systems, PLCs.
- High level of HSSE knowledge.
Required Skills/ Knowledge/ Abilities:
- Expertise in base layer DCS control, safeguarding systems.
- Knowledge of advanced process controls, compressor anti-surge control systems.
- Ability to effectively influence and motivate.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to communicate fluently in English.
- Self-starter with ability to deliver through others.
- Ability to focus on meeting/exceeding performance parameters.
- Strong attention to details.
- Strong knowledge of the various types of equipment in the facility.
- Must be able to stand, walk, climb, run, sit, kneel, twist, bend, pull, push, carry, lift, reach overhead and drive. Most activities involve movement of either the upper and lower body extremities or both and the joints associated with these areas of the body.
- Must be able to enter confined spaces.
- Must be able to climb stairs and ladders that ranges from 4 ft to 200 ft.
- Must be able to lift equipment needed to perform work.
- Must be able to wear safety equipment such as safety harness, respirator and other protective equipment as needed to perform job.
- Must be willing to be on call, work overtime as required and handle emergency response responsibilities.
- Must be willing to travel for trainings as required.
*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions as defined per Company policy
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com