- Assigned on large Project, the Project Procurement Manager is responsible of all the Procurement and Subcontract activities for the Project in terms of costs, time and Quality.
- Under the direction of the Project Director and under the guidance, instructions and close coordination with the Corporate Procurement. Shall coordinate as well with the Regional Office or relevant Global Category teams when required.
- management of procurement activities and the different disciplines assigned under Procurement team (Procurement, Subcontract, Expediting and Logistics) in Project execution from its commencement, through Project completion and close out.
- Procurement Manager will manage a dedicated Project Procurement Team and ensure closer coordination among the Team members and good interface with the other Project disciplines
- The Procurement Manager will also strive to achieve Procedural integrity on his project.
- Development of a Procurement strategies for preparation and presentation to the Project Director and Corporate Procurement Management.
- Establish in agreement with the Project Director the Procurement Execution Plan, Logistic Plan detailing Project organization and activities for the Procurement items, works or services
- Implement and drive the procurement strategies in order to meet cost savings targets.
- Direct involvement in the strategy definition and management of main Subcontracts.
- Establish and manage the Project Procurement Plan and Procurement Tracking Schedule including organization of interface with other disciplines to plan and monitor all coming activities as well as schedule update
- Organize and execute Procurement activities for materials, services, Sub-contracts in order to provide effective and efficient services to meet the Project and Client needs.
- Manage the sourcing and preparation of the Project Vendor List considering the Client's or any local content requirements as well as the Company strategy.
- Concluding the Vendor's selection based on technical, commercial and risk assessment criteria in coordination with the Project Director and in accordance with Contractor's Procurement policies and Main Contract requirements
- Ensure the key stake holders (Corporate Procurement, Category Leads, Technical expert) have been involved in the procurement process when required.
- Ensure a close, continuous and efficient interface with Engineering, Project Control, Construction, Quality and Stores dept.
- Previous experience in large Marine civil construction project.
- Previous experience with Projects in Middle East or/and North Africa.
- Overall 10 years' experience in work related field including 5 years' as Procurement Manager on large Projects.
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects in over forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national corporations, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information on how Petroplan can help you, please feel free to visit our About Us page here; https://www.petroplan.com/about/