HSE Director - Lab and Field Services
Responsible for establishing, developing, and managing the health, environmental, and safety (HSE) programs. Develops and drives HSE strategy, cultural change and continuous improvement of HSE practices in alignment with regulatory requirements, industry best practices and global standards. Identifies and mitigates HSE risks in support of business performance and reliability goals. Provides regulatory expertise to strategize and maximize company position within safety, health, and environmental economic programs and interact with regulatory officials. Coordinates environmental, health, PSM, security and safety programs with an emphasis placed on identification and communication of regulatory requirements to facility personnel.
HSE Director Responsibilities:
- Develop HSE strategies and mitigation plans which are consistent with business performance, regulatory requirements and reliability.
- Assess the safety culture and develops strategies to monitor and continuously improve the overall HSE culture. Drives HSE strategy, continuous improvement initiative and HSE culture that aligns with in HSE practices in the business.
- Directs, conducts and participates in HSE site assessments by HSE team members to ensure compliance with policies and practices
- Ensures through audits that HSE programs have been implemented across the business and sites. Works closely with Managers and Site Supervisors to ensure effective implementation and enforcement of policies and procedures
- Serves a as contact for regulatory agencies. Provides notifications to government agencies as required. Acts as the Company's HSE lead in investigations or compliance issues with outside agencies. Provides expert support to the outside regulatory agencies
- Develops and managers hazardous materials emergency response and contingency planning efforts. Coordinates with response contractors
- Prepares and manages the HSE budget
- Ensure that the appropriate organizational structure, staffing, technical knowledge and prioritization of work to support the business objectives and compliance.
- Designs and implements Supervisor and Employee HSE training programs. Identifies and coordinates environmental and safety training programs for all employees.
- Manages environmental record keeping and reporting program. Ensures that each site maintains the appropriate HSE records for permitting, compliance and training records.
- Audits and measures the effectiveness of hazard controls and hazard control programs and communicates result to management.
- May lead or participate in accident or incident investigations as needed including conducting root cause analysis. Must review all accident or incident investigations. Work with management, HR and other HSE employees to determine corrective actions
- Oversee Worker's Compensation Management program. Works with HR and supervisors to ensure that employees are fit for duty to return to work
- Observes and complies with all standard safety code and practices
- As a member of the Division Senior Leadership team actively contributes to the development and implementation of the broad enterprise strategy, culture and governance processes.
- Manage, participate in and coordinate the implementation of PSM and monitor and sustain compliance in conjunction with PSM and Operations team.
- Experience with quality and continuous improvement programs a plus
HSE Director Qualifications:
- B.S. or M.S. degree in HSE, Engineering, Industrial Safety or related HSE discipline
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) certification is highly preferred
- Minimum 10-15 years of experience with safety and environmental programs in a chemical, refinery, water treatment facility.
- Must be familiar with Federal, State and local regulations.
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills are required.
- Requires a high degree of professionalism.
- Requires the ability to work well independently and effectively with others, on a daily basis.
- Must be detailed oriented and able to handle multiple tasks and prioritize work effectively.
- Must be able to develop innovative and creative ways to drive the HSE culture throughout the business while maintaining high levels of compliance.
- Prior experience as the Senior HSE manager involving multiple sites preferred
- Highly proficient in the development of strategies, objectives and plans to achieve short and long term objectives for the department
- Experience with compliance programs for the OSHA industry, construction and PSM standards.
- Experience with multimedia permitting: air, water, stormwater and solid waste
Must be eligible to work for any US employer without sponsorship.
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com